Far left backlash?

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
An interesting thought. Do you think that the far left bombthrowers hurt John Kerry in the election, and hurt the Democratic party? Think about it. There are guys like Michael Moore, George Sorors, the liberal Hollywood people bashing Bush, all the anti-Bush media and websites like moveon.org that do nothing but attack the President with lies. I believe that the far left hurt Kerry and the Democratic party.

I believe that most intelligent Americans look down upon the far left bomb throwing. I also believe that the majority of the Democratic party looks down upon it as well. They don't want to allign themselves with people like Moore because it could hurt their reputation. I beileve that this backlash began at the Democratic National Convention, when people saw the picture of Michael Moore sitting next to former Democratic president Jimmy Carter. Moderates who see images like that might think that the Dems are alligning themselves with Moore, who is a far left attacker.

Then there's guys like George Soros who gives money to anti-Bush websites and anti-Bush organizations. I would hope that the Democrates distance themselves from the websites that Soros funds, and from Sorors himslef. The anti-Bush media playes a big part in this thesis. Papers like the LA Times and The New York Times do nothing but plauge their pages with anti-Bush propaganda and lies, and spin the news. The NY Times was the worst offender. Their editorials are filled with lies about the president, and they dedicate their front page to nothing but anti-Bush stories. The new book "Hard News" exposes NY Times scandals, and is a recommended read.

The liberal Hollywood people actually helped Bush. A pole brodcased on Fox News recentally said that Michael Moore's attacks on the president swayed some peoples votes, and they voted for Bush! Bruce Springsteen probally didn't see that his pro-Kerry tour didn't have much effect on voters, because when the people were talking to reporters outside the venue they said they were just there for the music. The far left actors just look stupid when they talk politics, and the people can't really take them seriously, and that didn't help Kerry, even though most celeberties were for Kerry. When Cher speaks to a crowd, and warns gays that the conservatives in power will bannish all of the gay people in one state, people look at that and laugh.

In the end, all this far left Bush bashing actually helped Bush, because in my opinion, most Americans don't like the constant lies and attacks on the president. I also think that the Democratic party seriously needs to get their heads in the game if they ever want to win another election.