Fates Warning U.S. Tour!

mattbrood

PPUSA Facebook *****
Nov 8, 2008
www.facebook.com
and it's not during ProgPower! :kickass:

The band will also launch a US run starting November 15th in Joliet, IL and wrapping up December 14th in Seattle, WA. The band's 11th studio album is set for a fall release, and will feature founding guitarist Jim Matheos, classic lineup members Ray Alder (vocals) and Frank Aresti (guitars), longtime bassist Joey Vera and drummer Bobby Jarzombek.

Tickets for the band's winter tour will be available for purchase starting March 27th. See below for all Fates Warning US tour dates (European and South American dates will be announced soon), and check venue websites for complete details:

November
15 - Joliet, IL - Mojoe’s
16 - Detroit, MI - Harpos
17 - Louisville, KY - Diamond Pub & Billiards
18 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody’s
20 - Toronto, ON - Mod Club
21 - Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance
22 - Hartford, CT - Webster Theater
23 - New York, NY - The Studio at Webster Hall
24 - Clifton, NJ - Dingbatz
26 - Amityville, NY - Revolution
27 - Lancaster, PA - Chameleon Club
30 - Spartanburg, SC - Ground Zero

December
1 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
3 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
5 - Dallas, TX - Trees
7 - Phoenix, AZ - Rocky Point Cantina
8 - San Diego, CA - Brick By Brick
10 - Los Angeles, CA - The Whisky
11 - San Francisco, CA - DNA Lounge
13 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
14 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
http://www.bravewords.com/news/201007

While I don't necessarily feel a need to go to the Webster a third time to see a Zonder-less FW, I might do it anyway .... if only for the novelty of being in that venue when it's NOT eight billion degrees inside.

That just made my night! One of my all time favorite bands, playing only 30 min away in Joliet! I see they're playing Harpo's the next night. I wonder if they have fond memories of playing there, as I saw them in '92 on the Parallels tour, and half a dozen skinheads showed up. They immediately started picking fights, and Fates left the stage in disgust (twice). Ray was clearly angry, and stated if it happened again, they would leave and this time the show would be over. Thankfully there was no more trouble (since I had driven two hours each way to see the concert) and it ended up being a fantastic performance.

Anyone familiar with the Ground Zero venue?

~Brian~

Yep. Played there many, many times. It's a pretty big room, probably a little bigger than The Loft in Atlanta, with a good sound system, but its still a "dive bar". But I love that place. I may try to go to this show as I haven't seen Mick (the owner of Ground Zero) in a few years.

I'll try to post a few pics of the venue later on.