Fates Warning west coast dates

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
FATES WARNING Confirm West Coast US Dates
2006-03-05 13:09:39

FATES WARNING have lined up two warm-up dates in the US prior to their appearance at the Rock Hard Festival in Germany. Upcoming Fates Warning shows are as follows:

May
31 - Santa Ana, CA at Galaxy Theater

June
1 - Hollywood, CA at The Knitting Factory
4 - Gelsenkirchen, GER at Rock Hard Festival

-- I hope they come to the East Coast. But with going out to German on June 4th... I'm doubting that they'll make the trip.

It would be nice if they'd do a US tour! Why is it that other countries get to enjoy these guys, but we don't??????

BABS said:
It would be nice if they'd do a US tour! Why is it that other countries get to enjoy these guys, but we don't??????

Because Americans don't buy as many CDs. That and we are a fairly huge nation. So its harder for them to do US tours, because there aren't necessarily that many people that would show to shows along the way. At least, sizeable shows.

Then again... if In Flames will play to crowds of about 300, why can't Fates Warning?

BABS said:
Hey Babs,

How's it going?

To answer your question, I have seen FW many times in the US (3-5). They used to tour the US, but they aren't really touring anywhere that often these days. I think the last time I saw them was the Pleasant Shade of Grey tour, so it has been a while.

J-Dubya 777 said:
Yawn.......

:heh:
J-Dubya

[Babs cuffs J'Dubya and yells "Wake up!"]

I'm doing well Rick. I can understand some of your answers to a point, but come on now? Even if they picked a few of the other US big cities (i.e. Chicago, NYC), some sort of tour could go on. I mean hell they were in Turkey or Greece a few months back. Can't Metal Blade do a tour of a few of their bands and toss them on? Something?????

BABS said:
[Babs cuffs J'Dubya and yells "Wake up!"]

/Me sprays Babs with a can of "Hobbit Away" and curses her existence....

Fates is such a has been, boring band for so long now, it's almost not worth commenting on.....but I couldn't help myself, it's an addiction....

:devil:

J-Dubya

Rick Pierpont said:
Hey Babs,

How's it going?

To answer your question, I have seen FW many times in the US (3-5). They used to tour the US, but they aren't really touring anywhere that often these days. I think the last time I saw them was the Pleasant Shade of Grey tour, so it has been a while.

I actually saw Fates with Queensryche and Dream Theater a couple years back. Ray was top notch and the whole show was excellent.

BABS said:

Cheiron said:
Because Americans don't buy as many CDs. That and we are a fairly huge nation.

So then that theory goes out to every Metal band? It's a wonder anyone tours the U.S. then.:erk:

Cheiron said:
So its harder for them to do US tours, because there aren't necessarily that many people that would show to shows along the way. At least, sizeable shows.

Actually, I have seen FW a couple times headling and there are plenty enough people out there to come to a show. They have been around longer than Queensryche and Dream Theater so they have a decent fanbase to warrant doing small clubs. This question will probably never be answered with a legitimate, sense-making answer because all FW does is stuff that DOESN'T make sense. You know, like opening for DT/Q and doing 30 minutes, yet passing on an opportunity to HEADLINE PP. Yep, makes perfect sense to me.:Smug: :rolleyes:

Cheiron said:
Then again... if In Flames will play to crowds of about 300, why can't Fates Warning?

FW could do 300, but In Flames is drawing a lot more than that nowadays.