Warrel Dane schedules West Coast solo tour

PureXul

Jul 31, 2006
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=133691

March 04 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
March 05 - Ramona, CA @ Ramona Mainstage
March 06 - Las Vegas, NV @ Cheyanne Saloon
March 07 - West Hollywood, CA @ Whisky A Go Go
March 08 - Mesa, AZ @ U.B.'s
March 09 - Tucson, AZ @ The Rock
March 12 - Portland, OR @ Peters Room
March 13 - Vancouver, BC @ Red Room

I'll be at the Ramona show...so stoked to see this!

One cool thing about those Arizona dates .... spring training baseball games start up on March 3rd. The Cubs are located in Mesa, and there are several teams located within 30 minutes of there. Interesting ... Interesting !!

Britt

One cool thing about those Arizona dates .... spring training baseball games start up on March 3rd. The Cubs are located in Mesa, and there are several teams located within 30 minutes of there. Interesting ... Interesting !!

Britt

Hey Britt - Are you going down there for Spring Training? Kate and I are going that week and we might be going to this show since there wont be a Chicago date.

This is Mike by the way. The short guy with long black hair. My wife Kate normally just talks to you and Pat during shows and I'm normally hanging around.

Hey Mike .. Ironically Pat and I are discussing the possibilities. I hadn't planned on going to spring training this year, but when the Warrel dates popped up it really got me interested. I'll keep you and your wife in the loop .. either via PM, or thru her facebook account ... if we decide to go. Metal and baseball is a good mix .. hope I can pull this off.

Britt

Did anyone make it to the Santa Ana show last night? If so, was the setlist the same as the December show he did in Seattle (solo album + a couple Sanctuary tunes) or did he throw in a couple Nevermore tracks? Looking forward to tonight's Ramona show but curious to hear how last night was.

How is it different from nevermore? I will be in Tucson next tuesday, and I was thinking of going. Which are your favorite tunes, he has like 2 LP's or so right?

How is it different from nevermore? I will be in Tucson next tuesday, and I was thinking of going. Which are your favorite tunes, he has like 2 LP's or so right?
He only has one solo album out, and it can be streamed in its entirety on MySpace - click here.

Last night's show in Ramona was killer...there were a few missed notes here and there but the performance was amazing, the band was having a lot of fun on stage and interacting with the crowd, and the live environment really added another dimension to his solo material (and I already hold "Praises to the War Machine" in very high regard). There were somewhere between 60 and 75 people watching when they took the stage, as a lot of the people who had come for the local openers didn't stick around - disappointing, but that's sort of to be expected at a venue that's a 45 minute drive for most of San Diego with a band that's not particularly popular with the 16 - 25 demographic. Those who are planning on seeing this tour, I'm pretty sure you'll come away very happy...if you're on the fence, just go.

If anyone is interested in a setlist (don't recall exact order), feel free to PM me - I'll refrain from posting spoilers for anyone that prefers to be surprised.

Britt

The bad part is that UB's is kind of a shithole-in-the-wall barclub that could probably hold around 150 people with a pretty tiny stage.

Wait, are you the dude who used to live in Lombard?????

If so, I had NO clue that you were on this forum!

Hey, Jason. Yeah that's me. I'm constantly looking on this forum but doesn't post a ton. I like reading the reviews of new CDs and shows. You going to the Orphaned Land show?

The bad part is that UB's is kind of a shithole-in-the-wall barclub that could probably hold around 150 people with a pretty tiny stage.

I'm down here for spring training now and am planning on going to this tomorrow. We're probably going with Pat and Britt. I've never been to this place and was just planning on going to get tickets at the door. Do you think there might be a chance that this would sell out since it only holds around 150 people?