Korpiklaani tour...

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
I just stumbled across this little tidbit of information and thought I would share.

Korpiklaani tour with support from Tyr(!), Moonsorrow(!!), and Metsatoll(!!!!!!!).

28.08.2012 Imperial Theater, Quebec City, QC Canada
29.08.2012 Club Soda, Montreal, QC Canada
30.08.2012 The Opera House, Toronto, ON Canada
31.08.2012 Peabody's, Cleveland, OH USA
01.09.2012 Mojoe's, Joliet, IL USA
02.09.2012 Station 4, St Paul, MN USA
03.09.2012 Granada theater, Lawrence, KS USA
04.09.2012 Marquis theater, Denver, CO USA
05.09.2012 Manny's, Billings, MT USA
06.09.2012 The Complex/The Grand, Salt Lake City, UT USA
08.09.2012 Studio Seven, Seattle, WA USA
09.09.2012 Rickshaw Theater, Vancouver, BC Canada
10.09.2012 Hawthorne Theater, Portland, OR USA
11.09.2012 DNA Lounge, San Francisco, CA USA
12.09.2012 The Whisky, Hollywood, CA USA
13.09.2012 The Observatory, Santa Ana, CA USA
14.09.2012 Ramona Mainstage, Ramona, CA USA
18.09.2012 Harpo's, Detroit, MI USA
19.09.2012 Club Infinity, Buffalo, NY USA
20.09.2012 Reverb, Reading, PA USA
21.09.2012 Empire, Springfiels, VA USA
22.09.2012 Gramercy Theater, New York, NY USA
23.09.2012 Palladium, Worchester, MA USA

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::worship::worship::headbang:

12.09.2012 The Whisky, Hollywood, CA USA
13.09.2012 The Observatory, Santa Ana, CA USA
14.09.2012 Ramona Mainstage, Ramona, CA USA
Every year, there seems to be a good tour that hits Southern California the weekend of ProgPower...not a big Korpiklaani fan, but Tyr and Moonsorrow are both awesome.

Yeah, super stoked this is coming to Kansas. And not at ProgPower time, like 3 other good shows will be (Kreator/Accept, Katatonia/Paradise Lost, and Pallbearer)

Yeah, gonna be missing Kreator but I'm not missing this. I've seen Korp a few times (I think a few months ago it seems), but super stoked to see Moonsorrow and Tyr! And I never thought I would get a chance to see Metsatoll after missing them at Heathen Crusade.

Yeah, super stoked this is coming to Kansas. And not at ProgPower time, like 3 other good shows will be (Kreator/Accept, Katatonia/Paradise Lost, and Pallbearer)

Ditto! Tyr is one of my favorite bands, and I'm moving back to Lawrence, KS later this month to complete my Master's degree.

And later in September there is the Epic Kings & Idols tour. It's a very, very good year for metal around Kansas City this year.

There is *always* a VA/DC show!

You guys are some of the most spoiled metal concert fans in the country. I envy the hell out of you.

Actually, not lately. Since Jay sold Jaxx, most of the shows are going to Baltimore nowadays. This show will be the first time I've gone to Empire since the switchover. (Would have gone to the Sabaton show, but I was sick that day.)

Notice the Masquerade in Atlanta isn't exactly overflowing with national metal tours lately....

A fair assessment but it's not like they're skipping Atlanta/the southeast altogether -- all the good national tours are getting scooped up by 529 or The Earl, which is just fine with me. Municipal Waste, Speedwolf, Black Breath, Alcest, Agalloch, Skeletonwitch, Vektor, Death Angel, etc. Plus, Korpiklaani and Tyr were here together just last December. But, you're right about the decline at the Masq. Only 5 (announced) national shows until the end of the year.

Actually, not lately. Since Jay sold Jaxx, most of the shows are going to Baltimore nowadays. This show will be the first time I've gone to Empire since the switchover. (Would have gone to the Sabaton show, but I was sick that day.)

This. It's Baltimore or nothing for most tours. Baltimore isn't that far away, but when you factor in the traffic most weeknight shows are just not do-able. I made it to Volbeat a couple of weeks ago, and that was a 2-hour trip getting there (and missing Iced Earth), $22 to park the car, and a 90-minute return trip.

We did get spoiled by Jaxx, but those days are over. Now I envy the Chicago people, who have so many metal shows they actually have to choose which one to go to on a given night!

Sure, just like Atlanta and Macon.

I can't recall having the option to drive to a close city like Macon for a national metal tour though instead of Atlanta.... If a show doesn't hit Atlanta, then the closest option is 4+ hrs away *if* they decide to play the mighty metropolis of North Carolina.

Don't get me wrong though...2 hr drives still suck. I have to do a 90 minute one to Atlanta for any show.

Sure, just like Atlanta and Macon.

That's probably better. There is nothing like having to drive through two metropolitan areas (including one that is probably one of the worst in the nation trafficwise) to get to a show. It doesn't help that I work south of DC right now.

But yeah, I know how bad Atlanta could get. I remember back when I lived down there being completely bummed about not being able to see the Monsters Of Rock tour because they didn't stop in Atlanta. I didn't get a chance to see Van Halen until I moved to the DC area.