Korpiklaani tour...

I can't recall having the option to drive to a close city like Macon for a national metal tour though instead of Atlanta.... If a show doesn't hit Atlanta, then the closest option is 4+ hrs away *if* they decide to play the mighty metropolis of North Carolina.

Don't get me wrong though...2 hr drives still suck. I have to do a 90 minute one to Atlanta for any show.

I never used to think twice about hitting a Jaxx show. If it's a weeknight in Baltimore, it has to be one of my favorite bands to be worth the hassle.

Plus, I never felt like I was risking my life in quiet West Springfield.

I never used to think twice about hitting a Jaxx show. If it's a weeknight in Baltimore, it has to be one of my favorite bands to be worth the hassle.

With you.

We were actually about to open for this show, but then we went with Kamelot. I'm sad I have to miss it. XP But it's gonna be awesome! Here's hoping it's a sign of good things to come with Ja....Empire.

I'll be hitting the VA show...and I agree with you guys about the Baltimore shows: weeknight shows are pretty much not gonna happen for me. Guess I'm getting too old to drive over an hour each way and then have to get up for work the next day. ;) The worst part for me is having to work every Saturday, but since it's the last day of my work week, I can usually struggle through it on a few hours of sleep.

We did get spoiled by Jaxx, but those days are over. Now I envy the Chicago people, who have so many metal shows they actually have to choose which one to go to on a given night!

very true....it is nice but also a curse because there is shows I have to miss just because not enough time to see all of them or cant get off work those nights.

There are lots of nights where there are 2 or 3 metal shows in 1 night. It sucks for the smaller shows since they will almost always be empty.