Fates Warning

Troyanasy

Sep 16, 2001
Toronto , Canada
On this board.,
Is there any fans?
Real Fates with John Arch......One of the best singers in METAL EVER, FATA MORGANA

They fucked up when the boys kicked him out
They Suck shit now and cant sleep at Night Of Brocken hahah

Arch fucking Rules
"
I will wish apon a star...................................
Will you remember me

He lives in darkness ..............

Tears stream from her face .....into my hands

Song about his Bro

I love Fates Warning....I saw them when they toured with Savatage, and it sucked...Ray's voice was fucked up and they only played like, 45 minutes...I was sooo pissed! Especially since they were the reason I was there!

I agree with you though...Jon is awesome...do you know if he is singing in another band? Or what he is doing now?

But I hate the band ENGINE that he is in..............

john arch was a great pissed off screamer pisshead..one demensal tyoe dude.....yeah great power metal singer...but he where is he now is a good question

I love Fates Warning too
But I disagree with you!!!
For me Ray Alder is a great singer either and the albums in which he sang are the best ones: Perfect Symmetry and No Exit.
They are FODA!!!!!!!!!

Ray Alder is a much better singer imo. Just listen to Perfect Symmetry and APSoG. Also Disconnected Alder sings really well and defined his style on that one. Many fates fans dont like that disc, but you have to admit there are really amazing points on that disc with a few amazing songs. Some songs are boring, but thats why you can always to skip them.

Arch is awesome but so is Ray.

And I like Engine too.

Fates Warning is one of the greatest and most revolutionary metal bands ever.

The evolution of their music is beutiful to listen too.

Mark Zonder is god as well.

As for John Arch....he doesn't sing anymore, he's actually a carpenter.

my favourite fates warning albums are the first 10 .....
i LOVE em
i enjoy engine too , the first album only it has some great songs like falling star ....
also john arch rules, but so does ray
my most favs are NO EXIT and APSOG .....
all of their albums have something special ... in their own way ..

c_atg.jpg

one of the fuckin greatest albums of all time

all Fatez rulez, except for maybe Inside Out, of which I usually only listen to 'Monument'

I'm in the minority, but I think A Pleasant Shade of Grey is their best. It might be because I didn't get into them until after Disconnected was released, so I didn't have the nostalgia factor that older fans have. And I think Alder's voice is way better on the newer ones, but his early ones weren't so good (he totally ruins Perfect Symmetry for me, at least I think it was Perfect Symmetry). Never liked Arch's vocals at all.

but his early ones weren't so good (he totally ruins Perfect Symmetry for me
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My favorite album of theirs is No Exit, but I love the Arch era stuff as well. It's just too bad that Jim Mateos gives the impression that he feels that everything prior to Perfect Symmetry, (& some might say even later) doesn't exist, or is something to be embarrased about. :rolleyes:

Nevermore...

Don't get me wrong fellas...I think Ray's voice is awesome...I was pissed because I didn't get to hear more of it! :lol:
I love the Disconnected album, it's one of my favorites...but so is Parallels, The Spectre Within, well, okay....I love them all! :lol: Old and new!

As for Engine....that can't be Ray singing??? (only heard a sample) Has anyone listen to the other members projects... Gordian knot, Dragonspoon, or Warlord?

a listened to a Dragonspoon song and it SUX....i am sorry for what Frank Aresti does now ..it is a pity ..the guy wrote half of the perfect symmetry album ...and lots from No Exit too , and other stuff ...
Gordian Knot shred ..
Warlord is not a project ..but a full band ....the old warlord stuff , KILLS ... the new album is good but the vocals of the gay singer from hammerfall ruin the whole thing ...