Fatter sounds with revalver

Not too bad of a mix, definitely on the right track! In my opinion there are a few things that could beef this mix up a little.

1) Boosting 60Hz and the top end of the kick might sound good on your reference monitors, but not so great on a HIFI system. Try focusing the low end energy of the kick at around 85Hz, with less of a scoop in the mid range. You will notice the kick become immediately more predominant.
2) More bass guitar would be nice.
3) The guitars are saturated. Try reducing the amount of distortion to improve the transients and attack of the guitar.

Again these are only suggestions, keep up the good work.

Thank you for replying, sorry for the lack of information on my thread.
I'm quite new to the recording / mixing and mastering part of music, so any tips would be welcome.

I will definitely try your suggestions, and try to play around with the EQ more.

About the sound of HiFi / monitors, I'm currently using my (high end) hifi system to record these tracks, it obviously isn't the right equipment to use for such work, but since it's for my own and I 'know' how similar songs should sound on my speakers I'm using them as a reference untill I have some decent studio monitors (and money to threat my room).

Regarding the guitar saturation, might too much of compression also be the cause? (i've left the compressor settings to default since I don't have enough experience with it)

Regards!

Monitors help, but they are not essential. You can make do with something you know the sound of. Bad compression will squash the life out of guitar or anything for that matter. Make sure your compressor is just working on the peaks, if you can hear audible defects then your using it wrong just check your GR meters.

I would still be looking to reduce the amount of distortion on your guitars, this will give them more body as the lead channel naturally compresses the guitar already.