FAV.MOVIES?

muzmaze

pyramontyrsuidvan
Mar 28, 2006
N.H., USA
Last time i started a general discussion...we then heard some news, so here it goes.

FAV.S:

EPICS;
1.LORD OF THE RINGS ( TRIL.)
2.GLADIATOR
3.BRAVEHEART
hon.ment.(") KING ARTHUR

COMEDY;
1.DUMB & DUMBER
2.PLANES TRAINS & AUTOS
3.CHRISTMAS VACA.
" MEET THE PARENTS

SPORTS;
1.REMEMBER THE TITANS
2.MIRACLE
3.HOOSIERS
" RAGING BULL

WAR;
1.SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
2.FULL METAL JACKET
3.THE PATRIOT
" MIDWAY

Hmm, let's see

All Time:
The Prestige
Matrix Trilogy ( mostly part 1 though )

Sports/Comedy:
Happy Gilmore
Spongebob The Movie :headbang:

Drama:
A Beautiful Mind
The Majestic

Misc.:
Band of Brothers ( Yeah, it's a TV-serie, but I put them here cause I usually watch all the episodes in one go :D )

Nice call on The Majestic too...very underrated flick, maybe Jim Carey's best movie.

Yeah, I agree with you, it was hard at first to get rid of the "funny guy" image he has. I couldn't picture him acting in a drama, but when the movie progressed, I just simply saw him in a totally different light. He sure did a great job on The Majestic.

All time:

Empire Strikes Back (the first movie in american fictional cinema where the bad guys win)

Big Trouble In Little China (Just remember what good ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this)

Heat (Finally someone got Pacino and Dinero in the same scene together, my favorite director, Michael Mann)

Robocop (not the theatrical version, it was toned down, I am talking about the director's cut that was only released on The Criterion Collection, it is the original x-rated version of the film that wasn't shown in theatres because of its super violent nature)

Super Troopers (I think I am the only person whom I know that likes this movie and doesn't do drugs... it goes to show that stoner movies can be funny even to those who don't do em)

Brent

Yeah...HEAT was very good,one of the best robbery/shootout/chase scenes ever!
Though Deniero & Pacino appear in this...thought i read somewhere that they were never together at one time during the filming?

They were on set together, on the same scene and both on the screen talking to each other.

Nope...according to some critic reviews, thier interactive scenes throughout the movie were filmed seperately then edited to put them together.
ie;The diner scene when talking you only see one face & the others backside.Same goes for the final chase/shootout scene (doubles/standins etc.)Either way it works & is a great movie!:err:

All time:

Super Troopers (I think I am the only person whom I know that likes this movie and doesn't do drugs... it goes to show that stoner movies can be funny even to those who don't do em)

Brent

Super troopers is awesome. I think I have a special appreciation for that movie since I grew up in Vermont. -jonah-

And I am gonna sit across from you and tell you that now that we have met, if I ever have to pull you in, i will not like it, but if it comes between you, and making some woman a widow, you had better believe that I will put you down in a second.

And I am gonna sit across from you and tell you that now that we have met, if I ever have to pull you in, i will not like it, but if it comes between you, and making some woman a widow, you had better believe that I will put you down in a second.

Yup...and at that moment in the movie,you just knew how it would end!

I guess i'll have to quote another great Deniero movie...MIDNITE RUN(action/comedy), while Charles Grodin is driving him nuts,R.D. says "i got 2 words for you-shut the f#*k up"! Classic LOL.

1. Apocalypse Now
2. Matrix Pt.1
3. Braveheart
4. The Last Samurai
5. The Crow
6. Predator
7. Bandits (Bruce Willis/Billie Bob Thorton)
8. Vanishing Point (the original)
9. Good Fellas
10. Scarface

l can watch any of these over & over and never get bored with them.

Givin the recent events w/the band & Lance King,i say...
"The Departed"

Great storyline w/ an amazing cast-definitely lived up to the hype & awards it received. One of the best films i've seen in sometime!!