Fav Shredders

He's been doing the solo for of sins and shadows like that for years, the second part isn't like the album at all but he does play that same thing every time, as well as with the elongated keyboard/guitar thing at the end of the solo

and for inferno i dunno what the fuck your talking about, what he did was HARDER than the original solo and it sounded fine

and for the odyssey he's playing parts that weren't for the guitar and i only heard a couple messed up notes

He's been doing the solo for of sins and shadows like that for years, the second part isn't like the album at all but he does play that same thing every time, as well as with the elongated keyboard/guitar thing at the end of the solo
Why would he do it that way? The original way, I find, is more difficult. It really seems like he lazied out.

and for inferno i dunno what the fuck your talking about, what he did was HARDER than the original solo and it sounded fine
adding extra notes or playing faster doesn't necessarily make something harder. The original pattern was an odd phrasing, but then he ended up changing that up too.

and for the odyssey he's playing parts that weren't for the guitar and i only heard a couple messed up notes

yeah, I know he did that, but he still messed up.

dude how often do you play live? romeo doesnt seem like the type of guy who really worries whether he hits every note right, the point is to have fun and rock it, no one can play live just as well as on an album, when recording you can mess up as many times as you want but when you play a show you have one chance to do it, so a lot of people, not just romeo, sometimes do dumb down or "do whatever" but they're having fun and it sounds fine to me. If you were out on the road every night, traveling all over in some bus, doing gigs every night,being totally exhausted, would you really care whether or not you hit every part for sea of lies or something? seriously....

and in the end michael romeo > all of us

dude how often do you play live? romeo doesnt seem like the type of guy who really worries whether he hits every note right, the point is to have fun and rock it, no one can play live just as well as on an album, when recording you can mess up as many times as you want but when you play a show you have one chance to do it, so a lot of people, not just romeo, sometimes do dumb down or "do whatever" but they're having fun and it sounds fine to me. If you were out on the road every night, traveling all over in some bus, doing gigs every night,being totally exhausted, would you really care whether or not you hit every part for sea of lies or something? seriously....

If you're going to say that, then why did you claim that he hits every single note then?

Have you seen Dream Theater or Necrophagist live?

yeah chairman, what the fuck? i've only seen them once but he was fucking top knotch, one of my favorite live bands. they played fucking faster live and he still hit every note....the whole band is great like joe said. i'd say that russ is the one that needs to work a bit live

I don't even have an issue with Russel Allen, I mean he was sick with a cold one time and he still did an awesome job. Depends on the venue and his mood/physical feeling I guess.

Of all the metal bands to complain about for being sloppy as fuck live, SymX is not the band. They always deliver a solid performance are are definitely one of the best live act's I've seen, in my top 5 for sure. And they are probably the nicest, most down to earth guys I've ever met. I had a picnic interview with Mike Lepond, we just hung out for an hour, had a fucking blast.

I really can't agree with that. He always changes up his solos.
Then stay home, save your money and listen to the CD if you want to hear it note for note. I LOVE, repeat LOVE it when musicians improvise live. It's fun to hear.

The intro was fumbled a bit on this one.

Those are just a few examples.

Yeah I could find the same shit for any artist who has played a large number of live shows in succession. Stop nitpicking and implying he's lazy.

yeah, I know he did that, but he still messed up.

Yes, he messes up a few notes, and is therefore not your 'fav shredder' or a good live performer.

QFT

Also, obligatory:

shreddercard.jpg

Then stay home, save your money and listen to the CD if you want to hear it note for note. I LOVE, repeat LOVE it when musicians improvise live. It's fun to hear.
I do have the cds. I do also like improv too, but more so when it's on it's own rather than during a song. It can be good during a song too as long as it's not used for being lazy though.

Yeah I could find the same shit for any artist who has played a large number of live shows in succession. Stop nitpicking and implying he's lazy.
Well I'm just saying I haven't seen a solid performance of The Odyssey, but that's a hell of a song to play though.

Yes, he messes up a few notes, and is therefore not your 'fav shredder' or a good live performer.
Maybe I just like people who are perfectionists live. :lol:

You guys claimed earlier that he nails every single note, now it's totally contradicted.

I like Alexi laiho, Log dudes, Matt Heafy, Kirk Hammett, BFMV dudes and occasionally Slipknot because of some of their recent solos. I also admire the downpicking speed of some punk bands like Blink-182 haha

haha_oh_wow.jpg

The sadest thing is that his list starts with Laiho :(. I mean, he's a really good shredder and all but there are by far better ones.

The saddest thing is that this thread exists, but since Michael Romeo, Frank Gambale and Jari Mäenpää are already said, I have nothing to more to add to this thread.

I do have the cds. I do also like improv too, but more so when it's on it's own rather than during a song. It can be good during a song too as long as it's not used for being lazy though.

How the hell do you know it's done to be lazy? You're just making assumptions.

Besides, it's your loss, while we have fun live at their shows, you probably stand there with your arms crossed listening for any flaw you can then get pissy when he 'lazies it up' by changing parts of songs.

To my knowledge they don't 'medley' songs and omit the fucking complicated solos, they don't attempt super hard songs and fail miserably and they don't fucking just play through difficult songs despite sounding sloppy as shit. Not a lot of bands can say this.

Well I'm just saying I haven't seen a solid performance of The Odyssey, but that's a hell of a song to play though.
I saw them play that song two nights in a row, and it was fucking great both nights. I know that Mike L, as well as the rest of the band, take their live performances really seriously and take pride in delivering great performances, that being said, he feels the same way as me and my paragraph above is essentially paraphrasing what he said to me.

Maybe I just like people who are perfectionists live. :lol:

Good luck then, no one is perfect live. And then factor in that you don't live near any of the bands you listed, you might as well sit at home and listen to your CDs and bitch about production flaws.

You guys claimed earlier that he nails every single note, now it's totally contradicted.

I was being sarcastic, and I said WHEN I SAW THEM they nailed every note.

I've seen Dream Theater with Symphony X supporting. Both were fucking flawless. And then when I saw SX on their Paradise Lost tour, again absolutel perfection.
I think we all got trolled :lol: 10/10 Kaga.

Btw,

I'm not even going INTO why a list of 'shredders' is WRONG, but anyway, any list envolving alexi laiho means only that the lister knows absolutely nothing about guitar playing and even less about music. No point in playing fast if you're just going to do it THAT sloppy.