Fav Testament Ballad

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
My pick definitely goes to Return To Serenity (Acoustic). Sometimes it can almost brings me to tears cuz it moves me deeply and it's so emotional. I fucking love the solo too!!!

1. Return To Serenity

2.The Ballad\The Legacy

3.Trail Of Tears

4.waiting for more!!!

Gymsokk, the acoustic versions can be found on "Live At The Fillmore". I prefer the non-acoustic ones (apart from Trail Of Tears)

Usually when ppl say that thrash isn't supposed to be melodic and thrash bands should always stay br00tal, and don't do any melodic stuff (especially ballads), it makes me think they don't like melodic stuff at all in the first place.

Midlife Crisis,

FYI, I happen to like MANY different styles of music, however when I want to hear INTENSE metal, thats what I want to hear. I dont like weak, wimpy, pussy ballad shit. I love melodic stuff, I'm a HUGE Iron Maiden fan. I just dont like sappy ballads, I especially dont think they belong in thrash metal. There's plenty of hard rock / heavy metal bands that do ballads, leave it to them. (ever see those "monster ballad" cds? Thrash metal IS supposed to be brutal, thats why its different from traditional heavy metal. Also, you dont have to play a sissy ballad to be melodic. TestAmenT has plenty of melodic songs that are still heavy and fast. Alone in The Dark and Sins of Omission are probably two of the best examples.

I see HUNGER. Oh well, it's just a matter of taste :) If a thrash band has a good ballad then I may like it.
And I've seen those monster ballads discs where they have lots of glam shit like Bon Jovi, Poison, Motley Crue. I dislike glam ballads a lot and the traditional ballads of rock/80's cheesy metal bands like Nazareth - Love Hurts.

Ranking for me:

1. Legacy
2. Return to Serenity
3. Trail of Tears
4. The Ballad

I think Testament does the best ballads, man. All of those songs except The Ballad (which feels a bit unfocused IMO) are all fantastic emotion. I'm normally not a big fan of ballads. I mean, I don't have anything against them or anything, but I rarely hear any ballads that I can truly enjoy for a long time and say "that, my friends, is a kick-ass song. Three of Testament's ballads IMO fit into this folder.

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD said:
midlife crisis, glad we agree to disagree : )

i like all of them

return to serenity(both version)
the legacy(both version)
trail of tears(both version)
musical death
the ballad