Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Till Fjälls

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Ödemarkens Son

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Cosmic Genesis

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Hmm, am I the only idiot who voted for Odenmarks Son? hehe, I just like it cause its really dark and eerie. As a very "Naturey" feel to it. Of course all them are good, Till Fjalls would have been my second choice.......

I also think the Cosmic Genesis art is the best, although Hedniskhjärtad has some mindblowing art on it :D they are all really great. Wonder who will do the art for the new album.

yeap, I'm on CM too....
the whole concept is great... my second is Hedn...too, but well I don't like covers with "the_band" (the_man here) on it!

about the next cover, it would be killing to have one by Niklas Sundin or Travis Smith :)

Originally posted by Final_Vision
Hmm, am I the only idiot who voted for Odenmarks Son? hehe, I just like it cause its really dark and eerie. As a very "Naturey" feel to it. Of course all them are good, Till Fjalls would have been my second choice.......
I voted Ödemarkens Son too... i think this is the best by far!
the whole booklet is much better done i mean... I like the other ones to but there is something special with Ödemarkens Son's

Oki, so here we have voted for our favourite coverart....

Now, I want to ask you;
Does the coverart mean anything to you when it comes
to buying the album? This does not only go for
Vintersorg, but any other band as well....

I think that for me the coverart is not all that important....
I usually check out music on the internet, and if it's good
enough I go out and buy it (if I can get hold of it, AND I
have the money!). If I already know the band, the
coverwork is not important.

But, if I am at the local recordstore and I am flicking though
the metalsection, I sometimes find some beautiful covers
and wonder what kind of metal it is, and if I'd like it.
I'm not one of those who likes to listen to a record at the
recordstore and then decide if I want to buy it or not,
I like to check it out at home, to get used to the music :eek:)

If I don't know the band, the cover matters, and so does
the name. Many times I have found myself thinking
"What a brilliant name, they must be amazing!" Or the other
way around, and when I check the band out,
I get disappointed, or surprised (in a good way) :eek:)

What are your thoughts on this? :eek:)

I chose Ödemarkens Son too :)

Does the coverart mean anything to you when it comes to buying the album?
Depends. Bad artwork doesn't stop me from buying an album i like and want, though it does make me turn the sleeve for a more pleasant view.
But it matters when i see an album from a band i don't know, for instance, Belphegor. I saw the cover for 'The Last Supper' and i knew the band was based purely in lame satanism. I heard it anyway and realized i was right, hehe :D
So, yes, i think it does matter to me because it helps me see what is the band about.

(i hope you can get something out of that (^) mess :confused: )

I would like to say cover art does not effect my purchases but sometimes it does. Some examples that come to mind was when a friend told me to check out this band called Opeth. He said all the albums are great and to get anyone I wanted. When I got to cdnow I wasn't sure if I would purchase anything by them without hearing them first. But the artwork on the albums were just so good looking I had to get Morningrise. Another album that comes to mind was Tenhi - Kauan. I don't think I would of bought that if the artwork didn't look so enchanting. Of course these have been good buys as I like both albums!

Originally posted by winter-frost
I would like to say cover art does not effect my purchases but sometimes it does. Some examples that come to mind was when a friend told me to check out this band called Opeth. He said all the albums are great and to get anyone I wanted. When I got to cdnow I wasn't sure if I would purchase anything by them without hearing them first. But the artwork on the albums were just so good looking I had to get Morningrise. Another album that comes to mind was Tenhi - Kauan. I don't think I would of bought that if the artwork didn't look so enchanting. Of course these have been good buys as I like both albums!

Yeah, Opeth's covers are amazing! It's funny though,
how I ordered them from a catalogue, and didn't know
the albums were so damn goodlooking!!! I remember
holding the cd in my hand and started stroking it cause
it was just gorgeous!
I love the "Still Life" cover.... Yumme! ;o)

Covers, well, I like artwork so I do take a look on them, but if I like an album and want to get it, cover artwork doesn't give any effect on it. It's just nice to see a good album with a good artwork.
Esp. if the artwork exactly tells you what the album is about!

I think its a waste of money to buy an album because you flip through a record store and see some nice cover art......I always pull up an mp3 or two before I buy a CD. I just dont have enough money to go buy random cds hehe. Cover Art rules tho!

but if I like an album and want to get it, cover artwork doesn't give any effect on it. It's just nice to see a good album with a good artwork.
I agree with morgana on that. still... it's such a shame that CDs cannot offer more space for cover artwork, on the other hand, I wouldn't wanna buy vinyl cos I wouldn't have it for long without serious scratches :eek: :D

maybe one day there will be found a kind of compromise on this matter...?
errr....... naw......... probably not. the trend is going to even smaller sound storage media.

but what do you think: shouldn't it be possible to add a larger cover-artwork (poster size or larger?) to the cd you buy, instead of the small 15x15 cm pic? instead of the cd-inlay some proper artwork-poster of a reasonable size *imagining* :D

Originally posted by opacity
but what do you think: shouldn't it be possible to add a larger cover-artwork (poster size or larger?) to the cd you buy, instead of the small 15x15 cm pic? instead of the cd-inlay some proper artwork-poster of a reasonable size *imagining* :D

I would really really hate that....
Because first of all that poster would have folds
on it from lying in the cover, and secondly, if it is
a really greatlooking poster then I will want to
put it up on my wall; what happens to the
booklet? The cd cover will be all empty!! >:eek:/
Hehe.... Shit happens.... >:eek:P

But, you could buy posters with the albumcovers
on them, or go to the local recordstore and beg
on your knees to get that poster in the window
displaying the cover of the cd >:eek:)

But, you could buy posters with the albumcovers
on them, or go to the local recordstore and beg
on your knees to get that poster in the window
displaying the cover of the cd

no!! CD's cost enough that it should be possible to get some properly dimensioned artwork!! :p

The entire CD should be treated as a piece of art, packaging and all. If Vintersorg, for example, put some cheesy artwork on his albums, I would have less respect for him as an artist, in general. So yes artwork is very important. Why do you think Iron Maiden albums have sold so well through the years?

I voted for Odemarkens Son.

Originally posted by Algol
I would have less respect for him as an artist, in general.

Algol, I got all the respect in the world for you my now avatar-less friend, but isnt that a bad judgement? Vintersorg could put Big Bird wearing a T-shirt that sais "Cosmic Genesis" in big pink letters on the cover, but If i know the music is still damn good I dont lose respect for him as an artist. I think its besides the point tho since its rarely a case where the music is pure genious and the cover art is super cheesy.......

Originally posted by Final_Vision

Algol, I got all the respect in the world for you my now avatar-less friend, but isnt that a bad judgement? Vintersorg could put Big Bird wearing a T-shirt that sais "Cosmic Genesis" in big pink letters on the cover, but If i know the music is still damn good I dont lose respect for him as an artist. I think its besides the point tho since its rarely a case where the music is pure genious and the cover art is super cheesy.......

That's true, maybe I shouldn't use Vintersorg as an example, since they obviously put together a stunning package of cover art to go along with each album. To me, the entire package of a CD should go together as one. If the artwork on a CD is plainly neglected, it makes me wonder how much the artist really cares about it themselves. But like you said, this doesn't really apply because all the good bands have awesome artwork anyway.