Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Till Fjälls

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Ödemarkens Son

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Cosmic Genesis

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
yeap, take for example haven from Dark Tranquillity :)
or Demons&Wizards whole package, with the unfold stuff in it!!!
that's why I own, so many original cd's...'cause I love the artworkd involved!!!!!

Originally posted by Algol
The entire CD should be treated as a piece of art, packaging and all. If Vintersorg, for example, put some cheesy artwork on his albums, I would have less respect for him as an artist, in general. So yes artwork is very important. Why do you think Iron Maiden albums have sold so well through the years?

I voted for Odemarkens Son.

You should know that not ever musician / band has an influence on the art work used as cover. It often dependent on the record label. If they don't like the art work the musician / band would like to have for the cover, then the musician / band (+ fan) will surely surprised about the result. Often in a negative way...
I have seen many bad art work chosen by a label for a masterpiece of music.

Originally posted by Morgana

You should know that not ever musician / band has an influence on the art work used as cover. It often dependent on the record label. If they don't like the art work the musician / band would like to have for the cover, then the musician / band (+ fan) will surely surprised about the result. Often in a negative way...
I have seen many bad art work chosen by a label for a masterpiece of music.

Then it's still the artists fault, for giving away thier integrity to a record company. In essence "selling out". It's different if it's like the case Impaled had where their cover art was deemed too disturbing, so that they had to tame it down a bit. Then I can see the record company having to get involved.

well when coming to talk about Sundin, omnipresence it something that makes me smile :)
but well may be you're right! Niklas has been working a lot in the last year, and may be he should take it easier...
Another one that I love is Travis Smith, but omnipresence seems to be calling for him too!!!

The cover art is not important, really, but it do tell you a great dealabout the band. For instance - I cannot imagine Vintersorg ever using the same kind of cover art as Dimmu Borgir.

I kind of like the cover art on MDB's Meisterwerch. I always seem to discover new things on them. :)

And when I look through the CD's in a recordshop, I do look at the covers of bands I've never heard. If it looks special, I might listen to it and discover a new band. That's how I first got to listen to Thyrfing, I remember... And I'm happy for that. ;)

Originally posted by Fjelltussa
By the way, I voted for Till Fjälls. Love white mountains. Thay have a special place in my heart... and they're my home... (at winter, anyway:p )
yeah, i love them too.. i to live on a mountain(all the year :D )
but then again.. voted Ödemarkens Son