Favorite 80's Cheese metal band!!

My favorite of all time would also be Skid Row. I will go see Sebastian Bach any time he comes to town(well, maybe not for Jesus Christ Superstar!!!!!!) but there is no way I'd go see them now since Sebastian is out of the band. The other ones would be Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Ratt, and the Scorpions.

I don't consider Guns N' Roses to be cheesy 80's crap, but they're definatly one of my favorite bands!!! "Appetite for destruction" is still among the 10 best records I have (and I have a lot)!!!! Back in the days I was also a little into Gorky Park, Skid Row, Europe, Love/Hate and stuff like that. Nowadays it's more or less just comical and I can't listen to it. I guess some of it is great for drinking and shit, like "Bang" by Gorky Park and of course "Girls, girls, girls" by Motley Crue. Bon Jovi has also done some great drinking songs (although it's not anything I would listen to a wednesday afternoon), like: "You give love a bad name", "Living on a prayer", "Bad medicine" and so on. I have Skid Row's "Slave to the grind" though and "Monkey business" is a great track! I also like the titletrack, "Chain gang" and maybe "Wasted time" once in a while, but the rest of the album is a bit too gross IMO. "Youth gone wild" is also still good! Most of the stuff just seems outdated today. I'm not one of those guys who think that if it's old it's equal to crap, as I almost only listen to pre-80's stuff, but some stuff was good at one point in your life, but when you look back at it 10 years later it's just kind of rediculois. Helloween (although I bought my first record by them around a year ago) just seem that way for me today. I was also into Green Day in the mid-90's, but today they're kind of indifferent to me. The same goes for the Danish band Dizzy Mizz Lizzy (Ulvedal probably knows what I mean).
What about Iron Maiden, are they considered cheese? I have all their lp's from 80-92 + "Brave new world". Today some of their stuff just seem indifferent to me as well, but still there's some good stuff here & there. In the early 90's I liked EVERYTHING I had heard by them!! "Run to the hills" is definatly cheesy if you ask me!

I have alot of bands I like from this category... Whitesnake, Scorpions, Dokken, Ratt, Motley Crue, Europe, Cinderella, Warrant, Winger, Vinnie Vincent Invasion. Slaughter, Def Leppard, Danger Danger, Lizzy Borden, Krokus, Twisted Sister, L.A. Guns, Quie Riot, Lita Ford

Of them all Scorpions, Ratt, and Motley Crue are my favs. They are all good though.

As far as Poison goes I like certain tunes but am not a huge fan of them.

Well, I like W.A.S.P. and Twisted Sister, The Scorpions also, and RATT does have some good songs. I also have to mention Pantera, I actually do like their old stuff :)

Originally posted by Stoner Sioux
Ratt, I loved them and sometimes I still throw one of their tapes into the cassette player

I actually purchased a Ratt tape (the self-titled debut EP) for... nine fucking.... cents at a record store in Seattle... It was the best nine cents I've ever spent... fucking excellent tape. \m/

Originally posted by Heretic _Princess
Savatage ,Skid Row, Megadeth and Guns 'N Roses

Man I still love Guns N Roses...Appetite for Destruction and Use Your Illusion I are two of my favorite cds ever

Originally posted by Necros
Here are 4 more that should definitely be checked out, many people don't have these:

LA GUNS - la guns + cocked and loaded
KIX - blow my fuse + hotwired

I actually found "Hot Wire" by Kix in the used section of Coconuts a few weeks ago for $3.99 and bought it. Very cool album. All four you mentioned are great. L.A. Guns arean awesome band.

Originally posted by Immortal Death
I actually purchased a Ratt tape (the self-titled debut EP) for... nine fucking.... cents at a record store in Seattle... It was the best nine cents I've ever spent... fucking excellent tape. \m/

That album is so rare. I would kill to have it on cd. Whenever it is on Ebay it always sells for like $40 or $50. I hope Ratt eventually puts out remasters.