Favorite Live Metal Album

sumairetsu said:
I have 2 favorite live discs:

Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East
Kiss - Lost Alive II (Bootleg)

(Not an actual release, but their series of shows during their first visit to Japan were recorded for Alive II, but the performances were deemed insufficient for release. :rolleyes: I don't know what they were thinking, though as the performances have all kinds of energy. Anyway, the sound is close enough to Alive II that many people think that they actually did use some of these performances for that album. It sure sounds that way with the audience.)
kiss are pants they suck toe nails! Paddy love metallica live shit and binge the justice dvd is the best :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

I find it hard to care about any live albums. In my opinion, very few live albums fail to capture the feel of the live show, and sound like they've been completely edited in its entirity or composed via studio.

VampyrRose said:
I find it hard to care about any live albums. In my opinion, very few live albums fail to capture the feel of the live show, and sound like they've been completely edited in its entirity or composed via studio.
LIVE ALBUMS ARE GOOD DUDE:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

VampyrRose said:

Decade of Agression is not altered in anyway, which could be why it gets so much love.

Carcassian said:
Motorhead - No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith, or Iron Maiden - Live After Death...

back in the days when Live albums felt raw and exciting. As far as Slayer goes, I far prefer Live Undead to Decade, mostly because I prefer the short, sharp shock nature of the record (although I'm aware some ppl won't want to call it a true live album)
My problem with that album is that it offers nothing new. It's quite pointless actually. I mean they released 1 album and 1 ep and then a live ep with songs entirely from those two previous releases. They should have waited till after Hell Awaits then they would have more material and maybe they could have thrown something new in.

i havent heard really much of live. But from what I heard - Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake. What I like about them - their live stuff is as good as on the record... The same thing about Pink Floyd.

ender7227 said:
'Tallica -- S&M. I love how they used the orchetra and had the balls to even use one in the first place. The majority of the songs they did are even better than the original.

i've got that album. Yeah the orchestra adds a nice touch but that didn't make up for the majority of their crap 90's songs on it.

And I never liked James' live voice. It doesn't have that abrasive touch we hear on studio albums.

ender7227 said:
Yeah, both of the above are true. His voice sucks live but it's still a good album, and the 90's songs were what I really meant. S&M makes those songs vaguely enjoyable

when i listen to that album I dream up the orchestral arrangements for the 80's songs that they didn't play.

Decade of Aggression and In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up, by Ministry. Both bands are so much better live than in the studio.

6407.jpg

that's czech punk band, propably one of my biggest favorites of all the time... I don't like punk too much, but this is just genial...

ender7227 said:
'Tallica -- S&M. I love how they used the orchetra and had the balls to even use one in the first place. The majority of the songs they did are even better than the original.

Nothing new. Deep Purple had them beat by at least 20 years. We're still waiting for an apology from them, too. :heh: