Favorite "aaah"/"ooooh" Opeth vocals

in limbow

wobmil ni
Sep 9, 2005
United States
You know what I mean how Mikael often goes "ahhhhh" instead of singing actual words, just a beautiful melody. What are your favorite instances of that?
I love the humming part near the end of The Moor, the surreal, ethereal sounding "aaahhh" at the beginning of Karma, the little "oooh-oh" Mikael does after singing "no one would know" in Godhead's Lament, and I LOVE the part around 8:45 or so in Apostle in Triumph, so beautiful and haunting.

The ones on The Moor right after the 'Melinda is the reason why I've come' part...the ones on the 'No-one would know' part on Godhead's Lament...and the ones on Ghost of Perdition which I was just diggin now.

The one leading into April Ethereal DEFINITELY rules. It's so fitting! The one in Karma is also perfect.

Great post, by the way. Mikael's "ahhhhh"s are definitely worthy of recognition.

i love the short ohh, only for like half a sec in SPD at 1:37, Sounds like something of James Hetfield but with a growling filter applied to it....

april ethereal's one is SO Silent Hill, like in SH2 when u save games... Its EXACTLY the same fucking sound, and i've always thought thats where mike got inspiration for that especific part

lol