Paradoxical Frog - Self Titled & Union
Satoko Fujii Ma-Do - Time Stands Still
Steve Lehman Octet - Mise En Abime
The Convergence Quartet - Song.Dance
The Thirteenth Assembly - Station Direct
Tony Malaby - Novela
Trespass Trio - Bruder Beda
Undivided - The Passion

Ken, can you get this down to maybe best five with some descriptions---Jazz i'm familar with is the stuff from the 50's/60-s --davis, coltrane, mingus, monk, parker, etc.

I would be willing to do a RC post about electronic/idm post 2000 [or just a complete autechre post )or a rap overview of post 2000--if anyone would be interested--good music is good music fuckers :heh:

I would be willing to do a RC post about electronic/idm post 2000 [or just a complete autechre post )or a rap overview of post 2000--if anyone would be interested--good music is good music fuckers :heh:
I will read and/or contribute to the electronic/IDM list, hells yes!

Reactions: spikes77
Ken, can you get this down to maybe best five with some descriptions---Jazz i'm familar with is the stuff from the 50's/60-s --davis, coltrane, mingus, monk, parker, etc.

Yep. I'm down.

Reactions: spikes77

This is tough. It's gonna be more than 5. Probably try my hardest to distil it to 10. I can rec a bunch of shit that is a throwback to the old classics but I'd rather throw shit out there that is really pushing it, so to speak.

You're a hip hop fan? I'm sure you know Camp Lo - Luchini then. Check this shit out...it should scratch you're electronic itch too.

Vijay Iyer is a NY-born, Indian pianist who incorporates a lot of hip hop and breakbeat into his compositions as well.

Last edited:

By all means bruv. Very infrequently, I'll play some random techno in a tequila laced frenzy. Completely random, but worthy of some pacifier suckling, knee struttin. Unload the top shelf offerings, as I'm lost.

This is tough. It's gonna be more than 5. Probably try my hardest to distil it to 10. I can rec a bunch of shit that is a throwback to the old classics but I'd rather throw shit out there that is really pushing it, so to speak.

You're a hip hop fan? I'm sure you know Camp Lo - Luchini then. Check this shit out...it should scratch you're electronic itch too.

Vijay Iyer is a NY-born, Indian pianist who incorporates a lot of hip hop and breakbeat into his compositions as well.

Thanks for doing these! Liking this first recommendation - those drums and bass--4-6 :heh: I remember that one song they had in the late 90s--nicely incorporated- Definitely lean towards the boundary pusher stuff-

By all means bruv. Very infrequently, I'll play some random techno in a tequila laced frenzy. Completely random, but worthy of some pacifier suckling, knee struttin. Unload the top shelf offerings, as I'm lost.

:headbang: I will gather some tracks together---It's going to be autechre heavy because they have such variety and I don't think very many groups even come close to their output over the past twenty years.

Reactions: Reign in Acai