Favorite bass line?

i would say, ,,The baying of the Hounds" cuz it has some serious bass work there. Harmonization with the guitar and stuff, and maybe the hardest to play...dunno my opinion only

In The Mist She Was Standing, Under The Weeping Moon, Nectar, & Drapery Falls.. Advent falls in there somewhere...Really love the slide..but damn either Mendez was fucking up or they drowned him out, both times i saw them play it was fucked up...Drapery Falls on the other hand, nailed to perfection.. * Begs for Opeth to come back to Texas* :zipit:

Defarfalla
all

Me too!!!!!!

Amazing bassist!!!:worship:
The best ive ever heard,even better than the overated Tim burton or the one of primus
too bad he was fired
Mendez is OK,but just that,he is a bassist like promedium (is that righ?promedium)
Or maybe is that defarfalla is too fucking good,and mendez just cant fill his boots

Morningrise has a ton of great basslines in there.

Mendez does get buried in the mix a lot but if you pay attention his work is really great, he does a great job of serving the song while not being boring in the least. His tone is better than DeFarfalla IMO, the Marcus Miller Jazz Bass he plays is an amazing bass.

And I didnt know Tim Burton played bass for Metallica, he looks like he would be a better fit for the Cure :lol: but seriously yes Cliff Burton is a tad overrated but the guy was a beast and was crucial to Metallica glory days, and you can never discredit Les Claypool of Primus, the man is genius.

Defarfalla is amazing in everything he did in opeth

but if i had to pick only one line,definitly it would be the one in "in mist she was standing" at the minute 6:41
and maybe its the best ive ever heard,ita amazing that sound,that crunch,evil,blasting, its just perfect,orgasmic,shaking........

all my friends when they hear that bassline get shoked,i remember one saying "that bass is gore!!!"

And I didnt know Tim Burton played bass for Metallica, he looks like he would be a better fit for the Cure :lol: QUOTE]

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH shit!!!!!!!!!

Youre righ,i was meant to say,Cliff Burton:oops: :zombie: :ill:

BTW Timburton is an amazing director,in fact my favorite,maybe thats why i got confused and wrote tim:lol:

and yes,cliff was amazing,and the most dead bassist remembered...and he was amazing because the way he headbanged while he was playing,he moved like a tornado and played great at the time,and meybe thats the main reason why he is so whorshiped,and because of his dead,cause the dead musicians become legends

Les Claypol is a genius,but thats because he's the only musician in primus,is the only instrument audible,the only member who shines,the others no one knows them,not even in their homes,opeth has achieved more than primus IMO, and primus is only known by his bassist,more than anysong they have,and his cover of master of puppets bass solo, but then what do we have or know about primus???..............

BRI & Nectar, IMO.
but also blackwater Park slaps are great.
Mendez And DeFarfalla are amazing.

lol actually Memopeth, I know a whole lot about Primus, and while Mr Claypool is the most well known musician, the guitarist Larry LaLonde and drummer Tim Alexander are both musical monsters in their own right. Larry probably has one of the most unique guitar styles ever, I mean how many lead guitarists actually take the backseat to a bass player? I mean he played with Zappa for Christs sake, and we know Zappa only rolled with the finest. And heres another little tidbit, Larry LaLonde was a member of Possessed, argubly the FIRST death metal band. I know Primus is definitely not everyones cup of tea, cause they are so fuckin weird, but listen to them with an open mind and youll see that these guys are just as talented as any band out there.

lol actually Memopeth, I know a whole lot about Primus, and while Mr Claypool is the most well known musician, the guitarist Larry LaLonde and drummer Tim Alexander are both musical monsters in their own right. Larry probably has one of the most unique guitar styles ever, I mean how many lead guitarists actually take the backseat to a bass player? I mean he played with Zappa for Christs sake, and we know Zappa only rolled with the finest. And heres another little tidbit, Larry LaLonde was a member of Possessed, argubly the FIRST death metal band. I know Primus is definitely not everyones cup of tea, cause they are so fuckin weird, but listen to them with an open mind and youll see that these guys are just as talented as any band out there.

Nicely put, PowerBob!

Blackwater park - Slap BASS baby.
To Bid you Farewell - easily one of the best baselines to ever grace an Opeth song, also from a bass players perspective, the bass in this song is technically amazing.
Pretty much all the bass work on Ghost Reveries - I LOVE Mendez' bass on this album!