Favorite Beseech album and worst?

Green Tea

New Metal Member
Jun 19, 2004
For awhile it was a tie between Black Emotions and Souls Highway and now come to realize Black Emotions is way better. The songwritting is clever and has some of the best tunes they've ever done. Jorgen was a much diverse vocalist then Eric. His voice is not as good as Eric's but Jorgen's vocals worked alot better cause of his diverse range.

Which after the long awaited release of Drama, which the music is really not that interesting, lost all intensity and Eric's vocals are very boring. Perhaps the songwriting isn't as good cause Klas left I don't know.

I agree with you, Jorgen is definitely a better singer then Eric. I very much enjoy From A Bleeding Heart and Souls Highway, I really need to buy Black Emotions soon. Sounds like Drama isn't worth checking out, thanks for the tip. I think their debut was pretty unique, can't quite say that Souls Highway was as unique sounding.

Green Tea said:
For awhile it was a tie between Black Emotions and Souls Highway and now come to realize Black Emotions is way better. The songwritting is clever and has some of the best tunes they've ever done. Jorgen was a much diverse vocalist then Eric. His voice is not as good as Eric's but Jorgen's vocals worked alot better cause of his diverse range.

Which after the long awaited release of Drama, which the music is really not that interesting, lost all intensity and Eric's vocals are very boring. Perhaps the songwriting isn't as good cause Klas left I don't know.

Just first want to say that Erik singing on Souls Highway and Drama, and I must also say that Drama contains more variating music and vocal work than all previous albums... both Lotta and Eric developed to something more interesting than before, so it´s worth to check out DRAMA, takes some listenings maybe to get it, but it last longer i sure you!!!

/Hein

I happen to enjoy all of Beseech's music and have my own reasons for each.
The original Beseech was a brilliant Gothic Metal band, yes. However, with new [and departed] members, there are obviously other influences being integrated to experiment with and expand their soundscape (ie: the electronic and "groovy" elements, which I like). I can't compare the 'old' Beseech to the 'new version'. The music is still emotional and haunting.
[At least they're not like Theatre of Tragedy. I pretend anything after 'Aegis' doesn't exist ;) ]

I will agree that the songwriting is a bit more simplified on "Drama"

I disgree with the comments about Erik's vocals. If you listen carefully, I believe he is very capable of a fairly vast vocal range, probably more so than he has exhibited so far. In my opinion, he's a stronger vocalist than Jorgen.

"Drama" is indeed worth checking out, even if it is only to form an opinion of your own on it.

I've always preferred the smoother timber of Eric's voice to Jörgens, but I've always been more partial to cleaner sounding vocalising over shouting/growling type affairs. Drama is definatly the Beseech album that clicks with me most, I prefer its more straightforward and rocking approach to the somewhat dreamy one of Souls Highway.

While the first two Beseech albums have some great moments, I find that Drama works the best as a whole album for me.