Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Ozzy Osbourne

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Ian Gillan

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Glenn Hughes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ozzy, because he was the original voice of Sabbath, they had much better lyrics, the timing signature changes in the music and just the overall atmosphere of Ozzy lead Sabbath, Too bad he can't begin to replicate those early years. Me and Ozzy/Black Sabbath go way back and sharded MANY acid trips together. Ain't nothing like. Geezer's lyrics which were far more creative than those of Dio. But I also love the Dio periods. Dio w/ Sabbath = Less experimenting and more straight forward all the way around but quite solid non-the less.

I liked Gillan and Hughes as well.

I saw the born again tour. Gillan came out and sang Neon Knights. Next verse he sang it an octave higher then the one before and the same with the 3rd verse/Chorus.....one more octave higher. It was a trip.

Best version of Smoke On The Water I ever saw was Sabbath playing it with Gillan!

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Dio's voice seems to be shot and not up to par like his heyday but then again he's old now and that happens...

I just saw Dio singing for Sabbath at the 'Heaven and Hell' concert in Connecticut a few weeks ago. He sounded amazing, clear, hitting all the notes perfect with plenty of emotion. Also wasn't too old to be leaning into the crowd, and constantly running around slapping them high fives.

The man is a god.

I vote Dio.

I am listening to heaven and hell and dio's singing is absolutely sensational

dio is easily one of the best singers of all time in metal history

Very true. But one man doesn't make the band as we both know, chemestry does. That's why I kind of lean toward the Ozzy era. I love Sabbath with Dio but their musical range with him is somewhat boxed in in contrast to before Ozzy and IMHO doesn't begin to compair to the Ozzy Years were you didn't know what you were going to get as far as musical direction. But I hope Dio sticks around. The buzz on the new songs has been good from what I've seen so maybe they'll do an album or two, get pissed at each and separate as usual. :)

(real)SABBATH:worship:

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Having recently returned from Sweden Rock Festival and an excellent performance by Dio with Heaven & Hell, you can guess my favorite, but Ozzy was the Sabbath vocalist.
Like someone said, Gillan was the best of the bunch, but not the best for Sabbath and the same applies to Dio. When people think of Sabbath, they think of Ozzy - he was the more memorable one, for valid reasons.