Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Ozzy Osbourne

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Ian Gillan

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Glenn Hughes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ozzy is the obvious choice here, but I can understand why people would prefer Dio. I still think Dehumanizer is the strongest Dio album.

I love the Tony Martin albums. And if I could request another album by any former singers from the past, it'd be him.

Reactions: The Ozzman
Ozzy is the obvious choice here, but I can understand why people would prefer Dio. I still think Dehumanizer is the strongest Dio album.

I love the Tony Martin albums. And if I could request another album by any former singers from the past, it'd be him.
Agreed on Dehumanizer. It's interesting to ponder what another Martin album would have sounded like had the original line-up not reunited.

Agreed, especially after an album like Forbidden. He needs some redemption.
Well, Iommi is remastering it so perhaps it'll be reassessed when the new mix comes out. I still contend that Forbidden is far from a bad album. The thing with that album is that it's good, but not as strong as the Martin albums that came before, especially coming right after an album like Cross Purposes. Plus it was more-or-less recorded as a contractual obligation and Martin wasn't even sure if he was still an official member of the band during the sessions because of all the rumblings of a reunion with Ozzy, Geezer and Bill. All things considered, I think they still managed to put out a solid album.

Agreed on Dehumanizer. It's interesting to ponder what another Martin album would have sounded like had the original line-up not reunited.

Well, Iommi is remastering it so perhaps it'll be reassessed when the new mix comes out. I still contend that Forbidden is far from a bad album. The thing with that album is that it's good, but not as strong as the Martin albums that came before, especially coming right after an album like Cross Purposes. Plus it was more-or-less recorded as a contractual obligation and Martin wasn't even sure if he was still an official member of the band during the sessions because of all the rumblings of a reunion with Ozzy, Geezer and Bill. All things considered, I think they still managed to put out a solid album.

Oh, I don't think Forbidden is a bad album either. It is definitely the weakest Martin album though.

Would be pretty strange to hear Ozzy sing some Dio era stuff.
I bet he just couldn't. He was never as good singer as Dio was. I can totally understand why people chooses Ozzy, but Dio was far superior as a singer and he could sing most of Sabbath's catalogue with ease. I was lucky enough to see him perform with Heaven and Hell. For his age, he was still head and shoulders above most heavy metal singers out there.

I bet he just couldn't. He was never as good singer as Dio was. I can totally understand why people chooses Ozzy, but Dio was far superior as a singer and he could sing most of Sabbath's catalogue with ease. I was lucky enough to see him perform with Heaven and Hell. For his age, he was still head and shoulders above most heavy metal singers out there.

Being able to technically sing a song proficiently is something I care less and less about as the days go by. I love Dio of course, but I'd much rather hear Ozzy sing Ozzy era songs. I also don't see why Ozzy in his prime couldn't sing any Dio era songs, that's retarded, he was the fucking frontman of Black Sabbath not some random shmuck.

I think the best singer Black Sabbath had was Ian Gillan, I just don't think he sung Black Sabbath very well.
Definitely up there, wouldn't say he was a better vocalist than RJD from a technical standpoint though. But i also cant imagine RJD pulling off Child in Time.

Rod > Ian
Rod? As in Rod Stewart? Lulz. You're joking right?

Definitely up there, wouldn't say he was a better vocalist than RJD from a technical standpoint though. But i also cant imagine RJD pulling off Child in Time.

I like RJD but no matter what the stand point or whether he's a crowd favourite he's never going to be my favourite singer. I don't even know that Gillan is but he's very high on the list.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I like RJD but no matter what the stand point or whether he's a crowd favourite he's never going to be my favourite singer. I don't even know that Gillan is but he's very high on the list.
im kind of in the same boat as far as comparing both of them go. I would without a doubt take any of my favorite Deep Purple songs over anything from Dio Sabbath. Its not even close for me tbh.

Reactions: Slammed
im kind of in the same boat as far as comparing both of them go. I would without a doubt take any of my favorite Deep Purple songs over anything from Dio Sabbath. Its not even close for me tbh.

I was back stage when DP recorded the Total Abandon CD in 99, Gillan is an amazing performer to watch. I never saw RJD live and maybe that has a negative influence on my thoughts when comparing the two but for me the energy and power of Gillan will always outweigh most other performers.

I was back stage when DP recorded the Total Abandon CD in 99, Gillan is an amazing performer to watch. I never saw RJD live and maybe that has a negative influence on my thoughts when comparing the two but for me the energy and power of Gillan will always outweigh most other performers.
:kickass:

what do you think of Perfect Strangers? One of my favorites from them. I think its muuuch better than Who Do We Think We Are and anything they did with the Mark IV lineup.

:kickass:

what do you think of Perfect Strangers? One of my favorites from them. I think its muuuch better than Who Do We Think We Are and anything they did with the Mark IV lineup.

I wasn't a huge fan of WDWTWA, I liked Woman From Tokyo, but the rest of the album didn't do a great deal for me. Perfect Strangers had songs like Perfect Strangers, a Gypsy's Kiss and Nobody's Home which I liked much better than those on WDWTWA.