Favorite/coolest song or album titles

dISEMBOWELMENT - Cerulean Transience of All My Imagined Shores
Deathspell Omega - Carnal Malefactor
Immolation - Close to a World Below, Here in After, Despondent Souls
Grand Magus - On Hooves of Gold
In Flames - Clad in Shadows
Incantation - The Ibex Moon
Opeth - Moonlapse Vertigo

Do you (or have done) check out albums or songs because of the titles?
No, yet the opposite could happen. OK, I think there has been one exception: The only reason why I ordered the split LP of Lawnmower Deth's "Mower Liberation Front" and Metal Duck's "Quack 'em all" was the funny title. Unfortunately, I wasn't overly impressed by the music. (There was no internet and youtube way back then, so I could have checked out the music first.) The most entertaining part were probably the songtitles "Watch Out Granma, Here Comes a Lawnmower" and "March of the Metal Duck to the Duck Ponds of Hell."

Usually, song/album titles aren't that important for me, but if I should pick some which sort of stick out for me, I'd go with "Terrestrials", "The Beldam of the Bedlam", "Translunaria", "Heartquake", "Secondhand Traumas" (all by Atrox), "Macrosolutions to Megaproblems", "The Unknown Knows" and "Into My Hypercube" (all by Voivod).

Voivod's "Slaughter in a Grave" has a specific comic appeal, whereas Mekong Delta's "The Music of Erich Zann" and "Wanderer on the Edge of Time" convey a somewhat mysterious impression.

"Bitch Death Teenage Mucous Monster from Hell will always hold a special place in my heart."

"Molesting the Decapitated because my dad found the cd when I was a teenager..."
Reading the entire sentences as song titles is even funnier!

I like funny titles. They're usually long because it's hard to pack much brilliance into a short title.

Reefer Sutherland
I'm Compressing the Comb on a Cockerel's Head
Bludgeoned to Death With a Blunt Excrement
The Abyss of the Human Species
I Wish I Was the Saddle of a Schoolgirl's Bike

A couple of non-metal ones:
You Look on the Ground and the Puddle You Once Saw Is Now Amnesty International
Cop Toilet Looking to Become a Storage Mechanism

The only album title that comes to mind is Beyond the Valley of 1984.

I've always loved 'Death is Certain (Life is Not)'. Overall not that many bands have really great song titles on their own, but Psychotic Waltz and Coroner would probably be my two favorites in terms of creating concise, unique titles with a bit of cool-factor/mystique, but which totally fit and paint the contents of the song, e.g. Into the Everflow, Pale Sister, Another Prophet Song, or Last Entertainment. For the most part, if a song title requires has more than two articles and/or pronouns, it's probably trying too hard to sound cool (*cough* Scandinavia *cough*).

EDIT: But in fairness to black metal, prog metal is still worse at its worst, e.g. Tangerine Windows of Solace: I. Alba, II. Epitome, III. Apotheosis, IV. Seasons of Seclusion (The Prison), V. An Essay of Relief (A Tangerine Dream), VI. Disintegration of Lasting Hope, VII. Elegy (Window of Perception).

"Bertrand Russell's Sex Den" by Slough Feg. :cool:

Edit: I've also always seemed to like the sound of "Macrosolutions to Megaproblems" by Voïvod.

Ive always viewed album titles as having more of a lasting impression on me than song titles, though of course exceptions exist.

Some album titles I like:
Voivod - Killing Technology - I like thinking about this title in two ways, technology that kills, and the destroying of technology.
Polygon Window -Surfing on Sine Waves - ok not metal, but I love this title.
Boris - Feedbacker
Arghoslent - Galloping Through the Battle Ruins
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours - yea im a sucker for this title just like the rest of you.
Kyuss - Blues for the Red Sun
Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves
Earth - The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull
Midnight - Complete and Total Fucking Midnight
Mitochondrion - Archaeaeon
Mütiilation - Destroy Your LIfe for Satan
Nasum - Inhale/Exhale
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Nile - Amongst The Catacombs Of Nephren-Ka
Ozric Tentacles - Jurassic Shift
Saint Vitus - Born Too Late - it's the tragic truth of a modern day metalhead :(
Sigh - Hail Horror Hail
Slayer - Show no Mercy

Eh, I find that I like the album titles of most albums I enjoy tbh. Even generic shit like Dont Break the Oath, Killers, Altars of Madness, Morbid Tales, etc. Maybe ill post some song titles later, gotta go to work now.

Reactions: Satanstoenail