favorite cover artwork

The saYer

thrashermetaller
Aug 17, 2003
bay area
Visit site
What are your top 5 cover artworks on albums, no matter if the album was crappy, as long as you loved the cover artwork.

here are mine

1.) king diamond : them
2.) SLAYER : SHOW NO MERCY
3.)MERCYFUL FATE : IN THE SHADOWS
4.)DRAGONLORD :RAPTURE
5.)DESTRUCTION :ANTICHRIST :cool:

dunno about a top five,never take enough notice of the covers.i really like the cover of beneath the remains by sepultura-that death in orange thing.that was cool.and the cover of danzig-danzig on the vynal gatefold.i liked that too.

Ummmm....

1. Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love

Then:
Iron Maiden - Killers
Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In
Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Keel - The Final Frontier
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry

That's what came to mind at the moment. Too Fast is easily my fave though.

cool thread! Here are mine....top five favorite covers ever in my 30 years of living!

KISS - Gene Simmons solo
Van Halen - 1984
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love - gotta agree with Trooper on this one
Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of the Devil (love that red stuff coming out his mouth!)
Metallica - Master Of Puppets

and just barely missing the coveted top 5 is Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast or Judas Priest's Defenders of the Faith...I picked the top five based on sentimental favorites...these two would rank in there for me just on cool covers alone, while the others are like 5 of the alltime classics for me...ALBUMS I bought on vinyl as a kid....and still have all these top 5 on vinyl, by the way!
Ted

1. Iron Maiden - Powerslave
2. Metallica - Master Of Puppets
3. Slayer - South of Heaven
4. Megadeth - Rust In Peace
5. Iced Earth - Iced Earth (remastered version)

I understand that you don't care about genres either, is that right? Well, don't force me to get them into a certain order but I really like:

Cradle Of Filth - Bitter Suites To Succubi
Iron Maiden - Live After Death
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick
Pink Cream 69 - Sonic Dynamite
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains

I love album cover art! Wish someone would put out a book of nothing but pics of old 80's metal album covers. I'm so into covers that any time I come across a nice big scan on the net I save it, plus I've been scanning all of my metal cd's..... yeah, yeah... I'm a dork. :) Got a nice big collection of them on the hard drive, around a thousand covers.

Anyway, here are some of my favorites--
http://nasapunk.tripod.com/greeno/covs.html

It may be a little slow loading..... but well worth it. :)

Nuclear Assault - Survive
Witchery - Witchburner
Iron Maiden - Killers
Kreator - Coma of Souls
Black Sabbath - Sabbath bloody Sabbath

The Trooper said:
DrillSergeant: Good choice with Sonic Dynamite! That album cover rocks! Awesome awesome album too! :)
Oh yeah, that disc is easily my favorite by the band with David Readman singing and scores a remarkable second place right behind One Size Fits All. And the cover is simply great. I think it's different and stands out from the rest. Definitely a fresh wind in an otherwise rather one-dimensional field.

Yep!! :) I can't get enuff of that album, perfect mix of Euro metal and AOR/hard rock, and everything is just done to perfection on it. The production, the songwriting, the musicianship, its awesome!

Pink Cream 69 are definitely carrying the torch for melodic metal these days. After Electrified, Sonic Dynamite and Endangered, I have total trust in them to keep rockin' out in this style forever now and can't wait for the next one!

The debut and One Size Fits All are also KILLER albums!

The Trooper said:
Yep!! :) After Electrified, Sonic Dynamite and Endangered, I have total trust in them to keep rockin' out in this style forever now and can't wait for the next one!

The only album I've heard by PC69 is Electrified and I played the hell out of that thing! Gotta get some more off their stuff.

The Trooper said:
The debut and One Size Fits All are also KILLER albums!
Have you heard their Mixery EP yet? With the re-recorded version of One Step Into Paradise and the Crüe cover of Looks That Kill? Those tracks are awesome! Just AWESOME!

Greeno said:
The only album I've heard by PC69 is Electrified and I played the hell out of that thing! Gotta get some more off their stuff.
Electified is a good record but you have heard nothing if you don't know Sonic Dynamite. No Kidding!

judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny. And I alway's liked the old Riot sleeves. I mean "Rock City", "Narita" and "Fire Down Under"

:) great replies! some I havent seen though, but now I will now!

hey, that covers book sounds good!

I was planning on putting all of my album covers in a photo album.