Favorite Dark Tranquillity Riff

displacer

New Metal Member
May 6, 2002
Visit site
I'm currently writing an article on the best Dark Tranquillity riffs. A very hard task considering there are so many good ones. I currently have the opinions of another websites favorite riffs and I am curious on the what the fan's favorite riffs are. Please tell me the song title and the seconds in the song that the riff comes in at. Please help out as it would not be as good of an article without the listener's input!!!!

Thanks, Rich

i know it's really just me, but i love the two connected riffs in still moving sinews, starting at 2:27 and ending at 2:52 (the major change taking place at 2:39).

and dt don't even remember this song exists. :cry:

rahvin. (worm of disorder)

I know i'm not much help, but right now i just love everything from Lethe...

the intro to CRIMSON WINDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! No doubt the best DT riff ever!!!!!!!!!

Hands down, no further answers, do your report :D

This one part in Punish My Heaven sounds just like a riff I wrote before I had even heard of the band.

Other than that, the intro to Hedon sends chills down my spine. Fabric, The Same, and UnDo Control have good stuff too, as do all the other songs. But I guess the one in Punish My Heaven is my favorite because I did something similar myself (kinda like when I wrote a song on guitar only to find out it was almost the same as Bruce Dickinson's Tears of the Dragon :mad: )

Yaargh.

A couple of good ones mentioned, but there are many left. Well, the closing acoustic riff on A Bolt of Blazing Gold is certainly a very emotionally affective one.

Originally posted by rahvin
i know it's really just me, but i love the two connected riffs in still moving sinews, starting at 2:27 and ending at 2:52 (the major change taking place at 2:39).

No, it's not just you. Rare as it might be, but on this I agree with you 100%. :eek:

-Villain

Originally posted by Villain
Well, the closing acoustic riff on A Bolt of Blazing Gold is certainly a very emotionally affective one.
:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Villain you are my hero :D

Hey there Rich!
Nice to meet you again in 4 years.
I used to be on your Displacer's death tab mailing list under a different nick. Drop me a line to skald@inbox.ru, please

As to riffs: can't really tell you anything. I find 80% of their riffs amazing, the rest 20% killer good, so...

Skald (mostly known as skaldy boy)

Hey!

Oh man this is a hard question...but som of my favorites are.:

Tongues: the intro part...but it's most emotional on the solo part..divine!

Hedon is also a masterpiece filled with wonderful riffs...my favorite is the one the comes 0.33(How hungry have we become?)
...The bassline on the intro riff is godly!

I could sit here all day, but I won't.

I am listening to The Mind's I .that might explain why I chose two mind's I songs

:D

cheers!