Favorite Drum Mics?

Andy Sneap said:
Its surprising how similar the audix sound to 421's, just with a little less attack, but the actual eq curve of them sounds very close. I've used the D1 on snare recently and had great results. I'm really loving the yamaha sub kick also, just bought another one.

hey andy, which combination of mics on the snare do you think works best for like a really attacking, hard hitting sound? this is what i seem to have most trouble with it tends to sound a bit pedestrian.

Andy Sneap said:
Its surprising how similar the audix sound to 421's, just with a little less attack, but the actual eq curve of them sounds very close. I've used the D1 on snare recently and had great results. I'm really loving the yamaha sub kick also, just bought another one.

I've heard that they were pretty close in sound before.

Andy, if I recall correctly, I remember seeing you mention about a year or two ago on Gearslutz or another forum that you liked using Shure Beta 52's on the kicks and Sennheiser E609's on toms. How do you compare those to the Audix mics, or which do you like better (52 vs. D6 and E609 vs. D2/D4)?