Favorite Enchant Song?

Squall45

Jun 4, 2007
This is a thread is just here to see what everyone's favorite Enchant song is. I would have to say mine would be either What to Say or Oasis.

Man, that is an extremely hard question to answer!! All of Enchant's songs are awesome! Let's see... if I had to pick a favorite it would probably be 'Acquaintance'.

It's terribly unoriginal to say so, but it's gotta be "Sinking Sand" for me... musical perfection note for note. On the more sentimental, personal side of things I treasure "In The Dark" very much. It's a tie of sorts between these two tracks for entirely different reasons.

I'm still fixated on Hostile World, but there CANNOT only be one. At Death's Door and What to Say grab me on both the ear-pleasing and the gut-wrenching levels. So it kind of depends on the moment...

i just got live at last, so ive recently been hearing stuff from blueprint and time lost that i hadnt heard before, so i guess im biased towards those two albums at the moment.

id have to say oasis, the thirst or acquaintance. though what to say is also incredible.

I'm going to have to answer this question by not answering the question. :p

Enchant "favorites" come in waves for me. I get an itch for a particular song for a while, and then that's it. For days. Weeks even.

Then another itch comes along and... :Smug:

For me, it's usually the songs that I would really enjoy playing to. And singing to.

And having had the privilege of seeing them live twice this year (yeah, I'll get punched for that I'm sure!), it's all too often the songs I've seen them perform before me.

Also, believe it or not, I have yet to listen to "A Blueprint Of The World" or "Blink of an Eye"! I know! Blasphemy! "Blueprint" is in my car, still shrink-wrapped, but I keep getting distracted by other great CDs I'm carrying around. (I tend to only listen to music while driving these days...)

All that being said, my "top ten rotating favorites," in no particular order are:
  • Sinking Sand
  • Hostile World
  • Comatose
  • Break
  • Defenseless
  • In the Dark
  • Surrounded
  • Silence
  • Blindsided
  • Fade 2 Grey

Ever since it was used as the opener for the BAR-Fest warm up show, I've been really getting into Tug Of War (the song). I never really singled it out before hand, but it's a kick-ass piece.

--dan

"Invisible" also has some nice stuff by the rhythm section and a KILLER set of lyrics. Really one of the more underrated Enchant pieces in my book.

So keep pretending not to see me
I'll keep pretending not to care

Excellent... Invisible is getting some props. I agree that fade out is one of my top 3 Enchant snippets.

Top Enchant tune... probably Sinking also. Just the melting pot of everything that's great with Enchant.

In this order:

5. Blind Sided
4. At Death's Door
3. Paint the Picture
2. Under Fire

drum roll please ...............

1. OH AYYYYYSISSSSSS.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have done it.

I have broken the shrink wrap on "Blueprint of the World," and I've played it repeatedly over the past coyple of weeks on my commutes.

OH MY GOD.

I now see what all the fuss was about!

There is not a song not worth listening to on this disk - although there are indeed songs I admit to now jumping to when I know my drive is too short to get to naturally! They are The Thirst, Catharsis, Oasis (of course!), and I think my favorite on the album (and in the running for my all-time Enchant favorite for that matter), East of Eden. I'm such a sucker for the odd meter!

I'm absolutely IN AWE over Craddick's percussive artistry on this album. I've been enjoying but really deeply dissecting his work on it. What impresses me the most is not merely the skill he has, but the ingenius uniqueness to the flavor of the drumming he brings to every song. It's beautifully punctuated, and yet I don't get the sense that he's showing off or trying to steal any spotlights. I feel as though he's just in a zone and a groove, but that it's a zone and groove that complements the rest of the band without dispute.

Rarely do I hear drumwork that commands my attention like this.

This is not to detract from everyone else's contributions on the album, of course, but hey - ever since the I was 12 and picked up my first pair of drumsticks, my ear for music has never been the same.

--Keith

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have done it.

I have broken the shrink wrap on "Blueprint of the World," and I've played it repeatedly over the past coyple of weeks on my commutes.

OH MY GOD.

I now see what al the fuss was about!

There is not a song not worth listening to on this disk - although there are indeed songs I admit to now jumping to when I know my drive is too short to get to naturally! They are The Thirst, Catharsis, Oasis (of course!), and I think my favorite on the album (and in the running for my all-time Enchant favorite for that matter, East of Eden. I'm such a sucker for the odd meter!

I'm absolutely IN AWE over Craddick's percussive artistry on this album. I've been enjoying but really deeply dissecting his work on it. What impresses me the most is not merely the skill he has, but the ingenius uniqueness to the flavor of the drumming he brings to every song. It's beautifully punctuated, and yet I don't get the sense that he's showing off or trying to steal any spotlights. I feel as though he's just in a zone and a groove, but that it's a zone and groove that complements the rest of the band without dispute.

Rarely do I hear drumwork that commands my attention like this.

This is not to detract from everyone else's contributions on the album, of course, but hey - ever since the I was 12 and picked up my first pair of drumsticks, my ear for music has never been the same.

--Keith

Well said, that is why he is one of my all time fav drummers, i think his cymbal work is second to none. BLUEPRINT OF THE WORLD FOREVER:worship:notworthy:worship:And the drumming on time lost is astounding aswell:worship: PAUL CRADDICK FOREVER!!!!!