Threshold - "Subsurface"

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I figured it would be interesting to see what Enchant fans thought of this, since Enchant did tour with Threshold in the past.

I think Threshold's new album is brilliant... and possibly my favorite... even surpassing "Hypothetical".

I love every song on it. They really put a lot of work in the massive and beautiful vocal arrangements. I love their use of vocoder and flanged vocals. The songs are epic yet catchy. Great stuff.

Hear hear - been a fan of these guys since about 97 when I got their first two CDs, and right when I got into Enchant too.

I loved Hypothetical and really dug Critical Mass but there always seemed to be something just OFF with CM, which bummed me out - seems like the boys have fixed that though. Haven't fully digested it yet as I only got it a week ago but I am LOVING it. They really took things up a notch and Mac is really working into his groove in the band. Plus, the bonus track that Johanne (monster behind the kit!!!) wrote is a great tune.

I can just imagine being lucky enough to have been in Europe and caught Threshold touring with Enchant.
:OMG:

I am sure it rocks if you guys are that into it.

I am behind on my IO catalog I need to get it!

Hey Dave the tour was very cool! I think the two bands were a nice match.

I will never forget the first time I saw Johanne playing it blew me away! Threshold is a great band and cool dudes!

NP: Neal Morse: Bridge Across Forever Live

Burke said:
Hear hear - been a fan of these guys since about 97 when I got their first two CDs, and right when I got into Enchant too.

I loved Hypothetical and really dug Critical Mass but there always seemed to be something just OFF with CM, which bummed me out - seems like the boys have fixed that though. Haven't fully digested it yet as I only got it a week ago but I am LOVING it. They really took things up a notch and Mac is really working into his groove in the band. Plus, the bonus track that Johanne (monster behind the kit!!!) wrote is a great tune.

I can just imagine being lucky enough to have been in Europe and caught Threshold touring with Enchant.
:OMG:

I've loved Threshold ever since hearing "Hypothetical", which is still their masterpiece in my opinion. I don't know where to rank "Subsurface" yet... seems like it's a little more complex than its two predecessors, and not less great! "Mission Profile" has to be one of their best songs ever... it's almost a Threshold tradition that the openers to their albums are the best ones.

yeah, i don't really care if they go out and invent the wheel every time they make an album... bottom line is that these guys just make great songs