Anyone else like Threshold?

dudu

Aug 6, 2008
NY
Along with Theocracy and Sonata Arctica , Threshold ranks among my favorite metal bands. Every time I listen to the albums Critical Mass, Hypothetical or Subsurface I'm blown away. So that said, does anyone else like them?

I enjoy Threshold (at least the later records, when Mac is doing the vocals). Their live DVD is one of the best sounding live recordings, in my opinion.

Love 'em! I got into them two years ago when they played ProgPower USA. I had no idea who they were, so I borrowed Dead Reckoning from a friend to check them out before I saw them. I was totally hooked by Slipstream right away. I must have hit repeat on that song 50 times before I even got around to listening to the rest of the album! I fell in love with that whole album, especially the vocals, then had my heart broken when I learned that Mac was no longer with them and they'd have a different singer for ProgPower :mad:

That said, Damian did a phenomenal job live and, though I don't like his recorded vocals nearly as much, he is one heck of a frontman live. I've since picked up the Best Of album (and love every song on the Mac disc), Hypothetical, and Clone.

I'd love to seen them live in England at some point (I've been eyeing the Metalfest in UK in September).

Oh man, I just realized that Mac was gone. He was a great vocalist, I doubt anyone will be able to replace him. :(

Oh man, I just realized that Mac was gone. He was a great vocalist, I doubt anyone will be able to replace him. :(

I like Threshold a lot, nice heavy prog and at the same time passive to the ears. BTW i think the original singer Damian Wilson will be a perfect replacement. ;)