Favorite Evergrey Solo

A tribute to Tom, Henrik and Rikard I suppose. All three have had some outstanding solos (and I only mention them because I haven't really listened to the first three albums yet, just a few songs each) and I think I'd like to acknowledge my two favorite guitar bits.

From Recreation Day, the song Visions. Awesome song period. But the solo is absolutely fucking killer in my eyes :hotjump: . It's Tom's work, according to the liner notes, and he pulls it off so well. Congrats Master Englund! :worship:

Another bit, which technically is not a solo but for the purposes of this topic, I'll call it so. The keyboard line just before Tom's vocals on Blinded, while brief, kicks ass. Congrats Master Zander! :worship:

And finally, from The Inner Circle, both the solo and the pre-chorus "doodle" on A Touch Of Blessing. I'm not sure who does the doodle (I think I saw both Tom and Henrik do it in the video), but I know that Tom solos. So, yes, congrats Masters Englund and Danhage! :worship: :worship:

Okay, now your turn everyone. Heh, it'd be awesome if the 'Greys posted their favorites. *harmlessly wishes* :D

I realy love the solo in Recreation Day, becouse of the sound and its "madness".
But the second solo in Ambassador, the scream is the best (by Danhage) is just outstanding!!!

Solo in the beginning of The Great Deceiver

Solo after "My world is dead, my futere's broken, cause it all stays the sam" in The Encounter

Solo's in Mark Of The Trangle, More then Ever, Touch Of Blessing, Essence Of Conviction Are Great too!

While I read no one really comes to mind, so none of them really marked me, but it doesn't mean they are not good.
But if we talk about riffs for sure it's the last one of when the walls go down, it comes to destroy everything

December 26th!!! The first and second solo, i can't believe not a lot of ppl like that solo or even realised that song has a good solo,,, none of the ever grey fans i know accually realised that December 26th has a solo.

I know this isn't a solo but i love the outro guitar riff to "when darkness falls" is amazing although it is very quite; plus the songs amazing, same with the songs solo.

And the "solitude within" lead is one of the best leads evergrey has imo

I also really like the harmonizing lead on Unforgiveable

While the cream of the crop has been listed, I'm surprised no one has mentioned End Of Your Days. That's the kind of solo that proves you don't need to shred to come up with an amazing solo.

I think that the solo of Ambassadort is pretty 'wow'. Of course the solo of 'Touch of blessing is also awesome.Just like the one in Solitude Within. But yeah, I only have 2 albums, so I actually can't say much on this topic
Greetz
RagingRazer

PesticideDrinker said:
While the cream of the crop has been listed, I'm surprised no one has mentioned End Of Your Days. That's the kind of solo that proves you don't need to shred to come up with an amazing solo.
That's a good one but my personal favorite is Your Darkest Hour! :headbang: