Storm Riders (CH)
Life is Beautiful (It)
Battle Royale (Jap)
Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later (UK)
Wolf Creek (Aus)
Ong Bak (Thai)

angelofdeath9308 said:
La Dolce Vita

Yeah! I like most of Fellini's films. I also really like Kurosawa films. Ran, Kagemusha, Seven Samurai, and Rashomon are my favorites. Another interesting Japanese film to see is Kwaidan.

Battle Royale, Cannibal Holocaust, all the early Romero films, The Brotherhood of the Wolf, The Descent was good too. Suspiria was good too. Leon The Professional. Run Lola RUn was cool too.

Personal Favorites (entries in bold are absolute must-sees):

Wong Kar-Wai:

As Tears Go By
Ashes of Time
Chungking Express
Days of Being Wild
Fallen Angels
In the Mood For Love

Werner Herzog:

Aguirre: The Wrath of God
Fitzcarraldo
Lessons of Darkness

Akira Kurosawa:

Ikiru
Ran
Rashomon
The Seven Samurai
Throne of Blood
Yojimbo

Fucking Åmål
Breaking the Waves
Insomnia
Livvakterna (story is eh, good gun action)
Tillsammans

I'm a big fan of Tarkovski, Fellini, and Bergman. Specifically Andrey Rublyev and the Mirror; and Persona, The Seventh Seal and Fanny and Alexander.

I will also add that for whatever reason, like literature, art-house or "philosophical" European movies sometimes work, as I believe they not only allow the director total artistic freedom, but said European directors seem to have a real, not superficial knowledge of philosophy, literature, and form in cinema, unlike their hollow and technically proficient American counterparts. Besides Charlie Kaufmann (who doesnt even direct), I'm at a loss of an art-house American film that doesnt become pretentious petty-moralizing blather.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Battle Royale, Cannibal Holocaust, all the early Romero films, The Brotherhood of the Wolf, The Descent was good too. Suspiria was good too. Leon The Professional. Run Lola RUn was cool too.

Battle Royale was amusing, as was the Descent. There were two good bits in it, the first being when the Asian chick puts the ice pick through her friends neck and the other when the Asian chick gets an ice pick through her calf courtesy of another chick :lol: if that made any sense at all.

There is this film that I don't seem to remember the title of. It was a Mexican movie iirc, about a young woman who is possessed by a demon or something, and basically she is topless or naked for half of the movie. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it was :headbang:

Neith said:
Battle Royale was amusing, as was the Descent. There were two good bits in it, the first being when the Asian chick puts the ice pick through her friends neck and the other when the Asian chick gets an ice pick through her calf courtesy of another chick :lol: if that made any sense at all.

I really liked it, but yeash I understand completely. Kinda a irony type thing. Well not even kinda pretty blatant.

metal_wrath said:
There is this film that I don't seem to remember the title of. It was a Mexican movie iirc, about a young woman who is possessed by a demon or something, and basically she is topless or naked for half of the movie. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it was :headbang:
I've found out the name of that movie, it was called "Las Amantes De Senor De La Noche" or "Lovers of the Lord of The Night". Haha, cool movie title.