Favorite Guitar Solo at the moment

I have a hard on for John 5's solo material right now.
i knew you were a trap!

trap.jpg

The solos in Return to Serenity-Testament

Listen to the solos in this song!

Beat me to it.

Solos?
Almost anything by Rhoads, mainly Mr Crowley ending Solo! :D

Jani Liimatainen slays indefinatly, Misplaced, 8th Commandment, My Land.
Probably my favourite soloist.

P.S. No Stairway? DENIED!

YES! Jani is my favorite right now too! Weballergy's solo is one of my favorites. You must get Altaria - Divinity if you don't have it....it truly shows that jani is the perfect blend of melody and shred....the intro solo to profit of pestilence and the solo in Discovery...

and any solo by Jens Johansson! Learning to fly's key solo and I'm still alive solos are mind blowing...and of course the intro solo to the cage! :worship:

YES! Jani is my favorite right now too! Weballergy's solo is one of my favorites. You must get Altaria - Divinity if you don't have it....it truly shows that jani is the perfect blend of melody and shred....the intro solo to profit of pestilence and the solo in Discovery...

and any solo by Jens Johansson! Learning to fly's key solo and I'm still alive solos are mind blowing...and of course the intro solo to the cage! :worship:

I knew Jani had a side project, but I never remembered what it was, and got into whatever it was, I'll defintaly check out.

His soloing I find amazing becuase he can easily do the quick shredding scales and arpegioes but knows when to keep the solo slower, and will play slower more...I guess "emotional" soloes. Thats also why I really respect Steve Vai, he knows when to all-out-shred and when to keep it simple.

When it comes to soloing, its all about what the soloist actually "feels" from the full song, and/or the choard progession or riff he is playing over, and not just wildly playing as fast/technical as you can. Thats what makes a truely awesome solo.

Disclamer: This post was made drunk.