Favorite live albums

flying_whale

Rome 64 C.E.
May 17, 2006
Seattle,Wa
www.myspace.com
I thought it would be interesting to see what are everyone's favorite live albums. I am gonna do top 3 official albums and top 3 bootlegs

albums:
1 Metallica Live Shit seattle 89-the energy is there and that video captures what it means to be the best band on the planet
2 Gojira-the Link alive-holy shit, one of the best crowds ever
3 Rammstein-Volkerball, amazing show, if you are into industrial

bootlegs:
I'm mixed between lots of sepultura bootlegs, live arise Netherlands 91, holywood rock 94, live and alive, milan italy 93/94. The nevermore performances at metalmania 06, and wacken 04 and 06 seem wicked, but i am judging that only on what i've seen on youtube.
I dunno if anyone actually has the whole show of nevermore in tesaloniki in 05 (the vid of beyond within is on youtube, btw awesome job on that one Steve). If anyone has that bootleg i'm up to trade some fairly rare sepultura bootlegs for that. For what shows i have, PM me if interested

Albums:

Cryptopsy - None So Live. Fucking solid.
Strapping Young Lad - No Sleep Till Bedtime. Also fucking solid.
Gigantour 1. Megadeth, Nevermore, and Dream Theater (Yes, I like Dream Theater. No, calling them fags and insisting that they're bad will not change that.) - what else should I say?
Death - Live In LA. It's Death. That is all.
Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Lost Trident Sessions. I'm into fusion and these guys were gods at what they did. Amazing fucking tapes.

Jeff

Black Sabbath- Live Evil

Gotta go with this one, Judas Priest Unleashed in The East, AC/DC If You Want Blood, Aerosmith Live Bootleg. Ozzy Goat's Head Soup (really old boot on vinyl with Randy) is absolutely tops in my book, and then there is the live Loudness album which came out years ago, which is excellent as well. Just a few off the top of my head....:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I'm not really a huge live album guy and some may laugh at a few of these picks but...

Helloween: I want out EP, this was a huge influence when I first started singing and shows off Kiske's brilliant voice.

Queensryche:Operation livecrime

Someone already mentioned the Priest so I'll just add my nod to that.

Sarah McLachlan ( bootleg ) CD I got several years ago, live TV stuff and various live things.

Marillion: The thieving magpie, what can I say Fish rules.

Harry Chapin: Greatest stories live. I loved this ever since I was a kid, found out when I was about 25 that my friend's dad played and produced with Harry.

I've sure I have a few others but...