Favorite Metal Epics

Rainbow--"Gates of Babylon" and "Stargazer". Two huge songs from Ronnie James Dio and Ritchie Blackmore that to me sound like real metal epics even though they came out smack dab in the middle of the 70s.

Arcturus - And to end yet again

the last 5 mins or so of this song is pure cinematic epicness!

Actually.. I'm going to be a cheeky bastard and nominate my own band!

Amaurosis - Track 1 (The latest version).

When my band releases our debut, we'll have a little message on the lyric booklet saying 'Best Enjoyed With A Few Drinks And Spliffs"..

Manowar - Warriors of the World United

can't get more epic than this imo

MASTERS of Tr00 metal.....exactly....nwohting is more epic than manowar....

eitherway....here are my choices....

hmmmm....

......wow....i cant think of any music piece to call epic.....nothing really sounds EpIC to me.....i love some songs....longer in length adn all...but nothign spic really....wow.....i need to listen to more epic music from now on......PEAC OEUT

Rainbow--"Gates of Babylon" and "Stargazer". Two huge songs from Ronnie James Dio and Ritchie Blackmore that to me sound like real metal epics even though they came out smack dab in the middle of the 70s.

Bang on... love Rainbow.

I can't believe Isis hasn't rated a mention so far:err:

Isis - Carry
Isis - The Beginning and the End
The Butterfly Effect - Reach

More will hit me later.

Agalloch - In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion
Just a beautiful song all around, that builds and builds, and then just breaks in your face - all the while the band manage to refrain from going crazy and since they hold back, it gives the feeling of an almost 'delicate' track.

very nice.

Enslaved - 793 (Slaget om Lindisfarne)

Actually I'm a bit surprised to be the first one to say that.

good choice.

Thick as a Brick

very nice.