favorite nile album(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2009
im going with annihilation of the wicked or In their darkened shrines, im lately listening to ithyphallic alot, but i dont think its quite as good as these two, ive heard all of there albums cover to cover, but the ones listed ive listened to most thoroughly, so my opinions may be clouded, but i think those are the best

Annihilation of The Wicked for sure, Ithyphallic doesn't really bring anything new, just more ear raping Nile songs. I like Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka too. Hell come to think of it, I like all their albums.. :guh:

In order of best to least favourite in my opinion:
Black Seeds of Vengeance, Annihilation of the Wicked, In the Darkened Shrines, Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka, Ithyphallic. I found Ithyphallic immensely boring. I'm hoping their new one takes them back to the technical/brutal yet awesome compositional skills of Annihilation of the Wicked.

In Their Darkened Shrines is obviously first.

Black Seeds is pretty much a blueprint for Darkened Shrines.

I think Ithyphallic and Annihilation are about even, considering they're pretty much the same.

Amongst The Catacombs is pretty much just plan brutal death with some eastern sounding stuff thrown in. Pretty solid, but nothing special.

I would rank them:

In Their Darkened Shrines
Ithyphallic
Annihilation of the Wicked
Amongst The Catacombs of Nephen-Kra
Black Seeds Of Vengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.