Best Nile Album

In Their Darkened Shrines. Still haven't heard Catacombs of Nephren Ka but I have the other albums, Black Seeds is probably my least favorite.

I haven't listened to Catacombs in a while, but from what I recall the muddy production kinda ruins it. This problem is still present on Seeds, but to a far lesser extent.

The production on BSOV is really the only thing that stops me from listening to it more. ;/

but its such a kickass album. and the drums are brutal as fuck. My favorite Nile album drum wise.
If AOTW had the same drum sound as BSOV It would be perfect. But the drums for AOTW and Ithy just arent punchy enough. Roddy on BSOV really rips it up on the toms. But you dont get that same feeling with George. Hopefully they change that with the next album.

but its such a kickass album. and the drums are brutal as fuck. My favorite Nile album drum wise.
If AOTW had the same drum sound as BSOV It would be perfect. But the drums for AOTW and Ithy just arent punchy enough. Roddy on BSOV really rips it up on the toms. But you dont get that same feeling with George. Hopefully they change that with the next album.

This is primarily the reason I say it's my favourite Nile album. :p

My favorite band btw.
1. AOTW
2. Blackseeds
3. Shrines
4. Catacombs
5. Ithyphallic

Sometimes your opinions in social are so retarded that I forget you have good taste otherwise.

Shrines is all I got. I love the mix of those churning death metal riffs with the egyptian-sounding stuff. The production at first really bothered me but I actually love it now, it's very fitting. I also really like that they recorded a complete 45 minute album complete with a 12 minute epic and then did a 20 minute experiment; even if you don't like the In Their Darkened Shrines saga you still get a full album.

I love the production on the first 2 Nile albums, so muddy and dirty.

Shrines has a brilliant production also, really goes for the throat.

AOTW and Ithyphallic both sound brilliantly clear

I like AOTW's riffing better than BSOV, it's more consistent, if every song on BSOV was as good as the song Masturbating The War God and Black Seeds of Vengeance it'd be a great album.

Ithyphallic & Annihilation of the Wicked are tied. Dead even.

When I want sheer brutality In Their Darkened Shrines is the way to go.

Black Seeds of Vengeance bores me to fucking tears.

I really appreciate how they did something fresh on Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka, but at the end of the day it's not a very listenable album, especially when their later work is so much better. It used to be my favorite.

I love Nile. I've gone through many phases of loving/hating them, but after finally getting to see them live I really gained much more respect for them.