Nile

Mantraschism

Skáld
Oct 23, 2002
Augusta, GA (Lost in the Twilight Hall)
I don't suppose Nile need any introduction, and I assume that pretty much everyone on this board likes them, but I'd like to know for sure. How many of you (besides me) love Nile? And if so, what do you think of the amazing new album, 'Annihilation of the Wicked'?

I wasn't really a fan until I saw them a few weeks ago with Behemoth and King Diamond. They played 'Cast Down the Heretic', 'Lashed to the Slave Stick' and 'Annihilation of the Wicked' from the new album, and those really caught my attention. So that was the turning point for me, from passively enjoying Nile, to being a full-fledged fan (got the special edition of Annihilation coming tomorrow, as well as the longsleeve shirt of that album).

Nile are awesome.

LAAAAAASSSSSHED TO THE SLAVE STICK!

Have you heard Melechesh? They are always being compared to nile but I havent had the chance to hear them so I'm wondering what they are like.

The Minds Eye said:
Nile are awesome.

LAAAAAASSSSSHED TO THE SLAVE STICK!

Have you heard Melechesh? They are always being compared to nile but I havent had the chance to hear them so I'm wondering what they are like.

There's nothing to compare between these two, musically speaking.

Maybe you can point that Melechesh are pretending to be "Assyrians" and nile "Egyptians" or "Pharoes" or whatever, in lyrics and in album covers

I like a lot both Nile and Melechesh :)

At the very first listenings I didn't enjoy the new Nile release as much as I did the previous ones, I thought it lacked a bit ot atmosphere compared to them, but in the end it's another awesome album - brutal, technical and full of that unique "Egyptian spirit" :worship:

Not a Nile fan, and having to see Behemoth live, would be close to death. In fact just thinking about seeing them live makes me want to record an album right now.

QMII said:
Not a Nile fan, and having to see Behemoth live, would be close to death. In fact just thinking about seeing them live makes me want to record an album right now.

Btw, the latest Behemoth album "Demigod" is very close to the style of Nile, it also has a lot of Middle Eastern influences, it's an amazing album, one of the very best from 2004.

Hm, why haven't the Summerbreeze 05' date entered the tour image? :Smug:
http://www.orphaned-land.com/main/tour.jpg
Has't it been said which day you're gonna play etc.?
How long set do you think you get anyways? :Spin:

[Didn't know where to put this... sorry :erk:. Just said this because summerbreeze went on-topic, hehe... ]

Hm, I must check out Nile (and the new Behemoth, or anything of them at least :p ) I think :headbang: !

Thonolan said:
Btw, the latest Behemoth album "Demigod" is very close to the style of Nile, it also has a lot of Middle Eastern influences, it's an amazing album, one of the very best from 2004.

I bought it, I think it is crap. Oh well guess we just gotta disagree. :headbang:

QMII said:
I bought it, I think it is crap. Oh well guess we just gotta disagree. :headbang:

Really?

Well, to be honest, this is the first negative opinion about the album I've ever read. The reviews have been incredibly positive, I've seen dozens of 10/10 ratings. And mine would be the same! It's terribly technical, fresh and relatively original, the production is GREAT, the atmosphere is awesome... I don't have any complaint about it!