favorite pickup!@!111

yeet_SAY_jama

Gobble Jo0 fetus!
Mar 21, 2003
Canada
what pickup(s) do you prefer to use while playing.

i know we switch alot but what do you usualy play with the most.?

on my Ibanez RG570 (5 way selection), i usualy use the neck and middle pickup or sometimes just the neck pickups just cause i usualy am chopping heavier shit.

On my ibanez GAX70 (3 way selection) i just keep it in the middle. Doesnt matter if im playing leads or rythm cause the sound fluctuates way too much when switching pickups. pisses me off.

This is interesting for me cuz I have coil splitters for both pickups. I mess with them a lot but never touch the tone knob, that is always up all the way.

Bridge for rythm

Neck for staccato (alternate picking)

Bridge for legato

Neck with coil tap for sweeps (not sure why, just sounds better...bridge is too bright, neck is too fat...but neck tapped is just right)

Neck with coil tap for clean or both bridge and neck (both tapped) for clean

Clean - Neck HB tapped + middle SC, bolted down flat with the guitar surface (i.e. acting as a dummy coil). Sounds very cool.

Legato & Rhythm - Bridge HB in series.
Saccrato - Neck + Bridge HBs in series.

Yngvai X may be talking whatever he wants, when I'm using the tapped neck HB with high gain, it gets very cool rhythm sound. "I'll see the light tonight" - like one. Just not so 80s.

I have a Jackson with a 3 way switch and an Ibanez with a 5 way, but the switch on the Ibanez doesn't work well so I mostly only use the 1 and 5 positions anyway.

On the Jackson:
Bridge pickup - Rhythm, Faster clean parts, classical fingerpicking
Neck pickup - Lead, slow, somber type clean parts, jazz solos