Recommend me a 7-string middle position pickup

As I stated in the other posts, I will be using the Lundgren M7 in the bridge!
Have you heard a 707TW in the middle position? I'm curious of hearing it both humbucker-mode and tapped-mode!

Have you heard a 707TW in the middle position? I'm curious of hearing it both humbucker-mode and tapped-mode!

Just remember to be ready to do some pretty odd wiring if you want to use passives and actives in the same guitar. That said, I overall dislike the 707, it has a weird sizzle to it that I don't dig at all. Picks up the string rattle etc. which I don't really want. I haven't tried the 707TW, but I can imagine that when it's split, it picks up the unwanted string noises even more.

D'oh, my bad (again!) I didn't realise you were definitely settled on the M7.

Just remember to be ready to do some pretty odd wiring if you want to use passives and actives in the same guitar. That said, I overall dislike the 707, it has a weird sizzle to it that I don't dig at all. Picks up the string rattle etc. which I don't really want. I haven't tried the 707TW, but I can imagine that when it's split, it picks up the unwanted string noises even more.

I agree with the first part, you don't really want actives and passives in the same guitar, makes for odd tonal balance when you switch pickups. Not sure I agree with you on the 707 though. If that's your experience then so be it but I think it's a really wet huge sound, not fizzy at all/

So anyway, now I know you have the M7 in the bridge I'm even more confused as to what I can suggest! The M7 is so unique, it's pretty much like a passive EMG. Super focused, super aggressive and super dry, but with passive 'advantages' (if you want to see it that way) in the way they have the more dynamic overtones.

You may as well go with another M7, and split the fucker. I've heard the M7 clean thanks to Meshuggah and Periphery etc, and it does sound awesome clean.

About the odd wiring - I won't be doing the installing myself, the store will take care of that!
The store where I bought the guitar has a lifetime repair & service deal with thoose who buy instruments there, so that people will continue buy stuff in Sweden. Instruments and likewise are very expensive in Sweden, they even lowered the price by 350$ so that I wouldn't buy from Thomann (which don't have that kind of service).

Which Periphery song has M7 cleans? I know they have a bunch of guitars with Lundgrens, EMGs, Dimarzios and Bareknuckles.
I'm not really looking after the Meshuggah type cleans, they are fitting in it's context, but I want to have more full sounding cleans - I don't know if I have heard any full sounding cleans with Lundgrens, thats why I made this thread :saint:

The wiring difficulty isn't the problem I have with that combo, it's just the massive tonal differences you'll get between an M7 and then an active middle pickup. Also, I'm not sure I've ever heard nice full/warm cleans with an M7, I don't think it can do "warm" :lol: Maybe a seymour duncan 59? Or Jazz perhaps.

You know, you could always get the neck routed for a single coil too! That would be badass!

I don't think the tonal differences is going to bother me, I'm not going to play live and just have one amp/sound/whatever.
The levels won't matter aswell, It'll only be a "studio guitar"!

I have to find clips with the '59 and Jazz!
What do you mean with "the neck routed for a single coil"? If you are talking about the middle pickup, that's what the plan has been all along :saint:

No I mean the actual neck itself, where there is no pickup. So you have humbucker in the bridge, humbucker in the middle, and single coil in the neck. |'ve seen a custom shop SC-607 with it on before, looked amazing!

Also, I'm not sure I've ever heard nice full/warm cleans with an M7, I don't think it can do "warm" :lol: Maybe a seymour duncan 59? Or Jazz perhaps.

It can, though I haven't had a M7 in the neck position, only a M8. Just use the tone pot man, that's what it's for :) You can also order all of the other Lundgren humbuckers as a 7-string version AFAIK.

But I'd still just rather go with the '59 or the Jazz probably; Lundgrens are so expensive haha.

No I mean the actual neck itself, where there is no pickup. So you have humbucker in the bridge, humbucker in the middle, and single coil in the neck. |'ve seen a custom shop SC-607 with it on before, looked amazing!

IIRC it's the original Stef Carpenter custom model made by the Esp custom shop, before he switched to having Emg's on them. The neck singlecoil has to be ordered from the Seymour Duncan custom shop though, and from what I remember it costs quite a bunch. I think the original pickup combo in it was a 7-string JB in the bridge, a 7-string '59 in the middle and then the custom shop single in the neck.

Alright guys! I've listened to clips of the 59' and Jazz and now I've made up my mind!
I'm going for the Lundgren M7 in the bridge and the Seymour Duncan SH-2 Jazz in the middle with a coil split!

Alright guys! I've listened to clips of the 59' and Jazz and now I've made up my mind!
I'm going for the Lundgren M7 in the bridge and the Seymour Duncan SH-2 Jazz in the middle with a coil split!

Well, I can vouch for that since I'm using the same combo haha. How are you going to get the coil split wired? Myself I'd get a push/pull (or push/push) tone or volume and wire both the M7 and the Jazz to that.

A push/push is just like you could figure from the name; you push it and it engages the coil split. Sort of like a button.

Why not have coil splits in the Lundgren though?

Oh! Havn't seen thoose!
I don't know what I would use that for, I want the coil split on the middle pickup for versatility in clean tones.