Recommend me a 7-string guitar and a 5-string bass

I have a Dean Rusty Cooley RC7X. Not the one with the gay biomechanical wannabe Affliction graphics. Got the White one myself. It shreds. The neck and action remind me a lot of my Ibanez RG prestige. Real easy access to the higher frets due to the super sculpted upper bout/horn. The only gripe I have with it is that it doesn't have a tone knob just a volume. I know someone who has the same exact Guitar but Metallic Black. I personally hate that finish cuz in the light it looks real sparkly. Kinda reminds me of an old 80's/90's Charvel paint job. Mine is tuned to A as well and no problems. Might need to experiment with string gagues though. I think stock is GHS .009-.058. little to floopy on the low side for me. Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

unless you want an uber djenty tone, standard scale length is more comfortable for low tunings.
That's kinda what I am looking for ("uber djenty tone")!

I will def. recommend ibanez btb675. I tried most basses in the sub 1000 $ range and preferred the ibanez. the pickups sound pretty good for scooped modern style tones, although they arent the best for a rounder rock style tone. I could post a few songs I used the btb on if your interested in hearing it.

I am definitely interested! Could you send me DI's aswell?

Jackson Slat3-7. I was after a longer scale but its a high quality japanese jackson neckthrough with two emg's, a floyd, and a sweeeet sweeeet neck. Shorter scales create shred monster guitars (my 25.1" heartfield/24.5" explorer!), so I find a happy balance with the standard scale. Tuned to Bb, sounds tits. Except emg's are noisey as hell compared to blackouts (and dont sound as good through my jsx). Haven't found a guitar that plays easier then it either. Schecters seem a bit crappy fretwise/feelwise after playing it.

I've tried a couple of basses now and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like the sound of soapbar/humbucker bass pickups, they have this plastic and muddy character IMO.
Does anyone know of a 5-string (or 4-string for that matter) 35" PJ style bass under 1200$?
If not, how well would you say a 34" Warwick Corvette Std 5 or Rockbass Corvette Premium 5 would handle Drop A (A E A D, or in rare cases F# E A D) with a .135?

I've tried a couple of basses now and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like the sound of soapbar/humbucker bass pickups, they have this plastic and muddy character IMO.
Does anyone know of a 5-string (or 4-string for that matter) 35" PJ style bass under 1200$?
If not, how well would you say a 34" Warwick Corvette Std 5 or Rockbass Corvette Premium 5 would handle Drop A (A E A D, or in rare cases F# E A D) with a .135?

Sorry I didn't get those DI's to you, not recorded anything for a while.

A .135 will be a bit light for F sharp but I tune ADGCF and have no problems at all. Definitely go for the Std if you can, it's a much nicer bass.

Assuming you don't necessarily want to spend all that 2K on a guitar, then you might want to look at some of the 27" 7 string Agiles.

As for Schecter Hellraisers, the 26.5" scale on them didn't handle A standard for me very well. Nor did the EMG 707s sound all that hot either, but that is just my personal preference.

Sorry I didn't get those DI's to you, not recorded anything for a while.

A .135 will be a bit light for F sharp but I tune ADGCF and have no problems at all. Definitely go for the Std if you can, it's a much nicer bass.

No problem!
I will only play F# on very rare occasions so that's not that important!
I found a used Std, I'll call him tomorrow and hopefully it's not sold yet.

Assuming you don't necessarily want to spend all that 2K on a guitar, then you might want to look at some of the 27" 7 string Agiles.

As for Schecter Hellraisers, the 26.5" scale on them didn't handle A standard for me very well. Nor did the EMG 707s sound all that hot either, but that is just my personal preference.

The Agiles look interesting indeed, do they have have an official website?
I would probably not be able to try them out since I live in Sweden, I don't think they have any dealers over here....

I'm not that interested in the Hellraiser, I'm going to try the SC607B out some day soon hopefully (found a store that could import it)!

I've seen some used KXKs for under $1500, I believe one of them also has a 27" scale. Also, I've seen some BRJ bolt ons for under $2000 used, and lots of people rave about those. I've had experience with neither but I figured I'd just throw it out there as food for thought.

As for basses I would keep my eyes open for one of the early 90s jackson professionals (neck through). You might have to look for a little while since they are somewhat scarce now. The quality is there, I've never played a five string (there are a few 5 string models) but I own a 4 string futura and it dominates basses many times more expensive than it. The early 90s pros are very high quality and made with really nice woods.

Sickan - I would highly recommend Carvin's custom shop. I have a DC127 and I love it. Their guitars are beautiful and made from only the best parts. I've heard great things about their custom 7 strings. Tony Macalpine has been using them for YEARS. They are expensive, but if you have the budget, I would highly recommend the custom route as someone else mentioned already.