Favorite RARE album you own?

Soul_Schizm

Metallic Fiend
Of all the CDs I own, the difficult-to-find items give me the most pleasure. Here's a few:

Razor--Shotgun Justice
Razor--Open Hostility
Nocturnus--1993 single, "Possess the Priest", and "Mummified"
Mythos--Pain Amplifier
Risk--Turpitude
Hexx--Under the Spell (tape :()
Deadly Blessing--Ascend from the Caulderon
Sabbat--History of a Time to Come
Sabbat--Dreamweaver (w/lyrics)
Cathedral--In Memoriam (original Rise Above release)
Running Wild--Masquerade (limited wood crate box)

Which of your hard-to-find titles do you hold dear?

Nightwish - Oceanborn (it's a weird version..says it's not to be sold outside of Russia and CIS states ??? and it's a gold CD :headbang: On top of that it has Sleeping Sun as a bonus track)
Extol - Mesmerized (digipak - although I hate digipaks)
Crimson Glory - Lonely (single, with Lonely, a remix, and DREAM DANCER :headbang: :cool: )
Rhapsody - Emerald Sword (single, has Land of Immortals remaster/mix, not all of them have it, and does it ever rock)

Off the top of my head I have to go with Katatonia's "Saw You Drown" EP and then, tightly guarded is my signed box set of Danzig's "How The God's Kill". After Glenn told me he never authorized its release and asked me where I got it, I put it away.

I should be fortunate I have the black album too. My drink is sitting on it.

Cathedral - Statik Majik (Japanese pressing with 2 live songs)
Cirith Ungol - Paradise Lost
Lordian Guard - s/t
Neolithic - The Personal Fragment of Life
Castle - s/t
Satan - Into the Future / Suspended Sentence
Eucharist - Mirrorworlds
Cynic - Focus
Malevolent Creation - The Ten Commandments
Nemesis - Day of Retribution (pre-Candlemass)
Witchfynde - Give 'em Hell
Venom - Possessed
Cathedral - Twylight Songs (autographed by Lee Dorrian)
Running Wild - Soldiers of Hell 7"
Anathema - They Die 7"
Exhorder - The Law
Rotting Christ - Thy Mighty Contract

...and one 7" record I got looong before I knew how cool it is:
Wounded Knee - Searching

My two The Black League vinyls are only ones that I consider rare in my collection (limited to 300 and 666 copies). I guess they're "hard-to-find" now, as they were sold out very cheap on december.

I also have some sort of limited editions of Agathodaimon's Higher Art of Rebellion and In Flames' Clayman, but I think there's thousands of those done, so they're not really rare.

It kind of depends on what rare means. My favorite album is Parliament's "Mothership connection" and I payed $10.50 for that on Ebay (vinyl). If I were to sell it here in Denmark I would probably sell it for around $35 (it's more rare here than in the US).
If that's not rare enough I also have Type O Negative's "October Rust" on vinyl. I've also seen the price on this variate from $21 to $71. I also have "Bloody kisses" on vinyl. That also varies in price, but is usually pretty expensive.
The soundtrack to the tv-series "The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." is pretty rare here in Denmark (around $35-$40 I guess) and I also have that. Also a superb record!
Guns N' Roses' "Appetite for destruction" LP with the original cover is pretty common here in Denmark and I've found my in a second hand store for 20 Kroner ($3), but I think it's more rare in the US, as I've seen it go for major amounts at Ebay!
I don't know if Opeth's "Blackwater Park" lp is considered rare.
Marvin Gaye's "What's going on" is also superb IMO, but I don't know how rare it is + I think the one I have is a reprint.
Dead Can Dance's "Spiritchaser" LP might be rare. I payed $25 for a new copy myself.
Machine Head's "Burn my eyes" LP might be rare too, but I don't really know it's value.
Then I also have Burzum's "Hvis lyset tar oss" on vinyl. I've seen it range from $17 to $120, so...
Superb records that I have, which I don't consider rare:
Satyricon "The shadowthrone" + "Nemesis divina" (both cd's). Type O Negative “World coming down" (cd). Bootsy’s Rubberband “Ahh...The name’s Bootsy, baby” (vinyl. Approx. 150 Kroner = $22). Kool & The Gang “Love & Understanding” (vinyl. Approx. 100 Kroner = $14.50).
That's it!

the only thing I have that could be considered rare is Novembre's first CD, "Wish I Could Dream It Again" (not the Dreams D'Azure re-issue, although I have that too.)

Russell said:
I have a cd or two which are the only existing copies outside the band, and will never be released, which is a shame because they rock..

np,
Well, rare, because of the price or the availability ?
my fav'are still old mz412, Emperor/Enslaved split, Tribute to Euronymous,
& many UG jewels.
No, I won't name more than that, sure, or if you insist I'll tell you that I sold my Mayhem bootlegs to the American & put the rest on CDr :D

Don't know if it counts, but probably the rarest thing I have (that I'm aware of) is my Exodus 'Pleasures of the Flesh' picture disc. I nearly got Lawnmower Deth's split with Metal Duck once on eBay, but someone outbid me :(

I got Carcass's 'Symphonies of Sickness' with original artwork and Nuclear Assault's 'Live at the Hammersmith Odeon' from a record fair once (both on CD). Again, I don't know if they count as rare particularly.

Weakling- dead as dreams
Cynic- focus
Buzzov.en- sore
Buzzov.en- at a loss
Trouble- s/t
Trouble- plastic green head
Cathedral- statik majik Japanese import
Dream Theater- live scenes from ny w/ original artwork
Soundgarden- badmotorfinger/somms
Metal Blade Records 20th Anniversary box set
Nirvana- hormoaning EP
some random bootlegs

and then some stuff that isn't so rare, but not ecessarilly easy to get:
Cathedral- supernatural birth machine, the carnival bizarre, caravan beyond redemption
Coroner- all 6 studio albums
Flotsam and Jetsam- 3 albums released on MCA records

My favourite rarities are:

- DARK TRANQUILLITY - Skydancer (original release, signed by the whole band (The Gallery line-up)
- DARK TRANQUILLITY - Of Chaos And Eternal Night (original release, signed by the whole band (The Gallery line-up)
- IN FLAMES - Subterranean MCD (original)
- IN FLAMES - Black-ash Inheritance (original shaped MCD)
- KATATONIA - Saw You Drown MCD
- EMBRACED - Amorous Anathema
- EUCHARIST - Mirrorworlds
- EMPEROR / ENSLAVED - Emperor / Hordane's Land split CD (original)
- OCTOBER TIDE - Rain Without End
- OPETH - Orchid & Morningrise (original releases)
- VARIOUS - W.A.R. Compilation vol. I

And probably a bunch more I can't remember right now :).

I have a vinyl copy of Mayhem's deathcrush.......

The one that looks very black metal with its pink cover and picture of a cow on the record..

someone told me its rare...I thought it was utter shit when I bought it so never understood all the fuss over them.....:yuk: