Favorite Sabbath album.

Favorite sabbath album

• Total voters
I love all the first five for different reasons, hard to say which one is best. Master of Reality or Vol 4 would be top I think, closely followed by Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. That's not to say the first two aren't fantastic, I just prefer the following three.

I've not investigated any of the non-ozzy albums, I really should!

MY EYES ARE BLIND BUT I CAN SEE

That's another "shivers down your spine" - moment fo sho, love that riff.

All in all, I think the reason so few people vote for Vol 4 is the feather light production, especially the drums could use some more weight, being the follow up to Master Of Reality and all. Song wise though, incredible album!

That's another "shivers down your spine" - moment fo sho, love that riff.

All in all, I think the reason so few people vote for Vol 4 is the feather light production, especially the drums could use some more weight, being the follow up to Master Of Reality and all. Song wise though, incredible album!

i think the production was a conscious choice and that it works. i suspect the main reason is actually the filler.

That doesn't make me any less right.

So why don't you go and eat a salad EVER-SO-LIGHTLY sprinkled with tit-grease, that's been raked on a midget's patch while he dances around singing This Kiss in a shit-smeared tutu?

I voted for both Heaven And Hell and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

I'm surprised there aren't more votes for those two. Sure, the debut was influential, but Sabbath Bloody Sabbath was way ahead of its time as well. Some of the stuff they did on SBS could be said to be proto prog metal. And Heaven And Hell is simply a collection of epic metal songs, and upbeat bluesy anthems that deserves a lot of praise.

I guess Heaven And Hell is a bit like Paranoid or Purple's Machine Head; you've heard every song on it so much that you're tired of it (even though it's a great album in its essence), my theory at least :)