Favorite song on Against the Seasons?

What is your favorite song on "Against the Seasons"?

• Intro: The Shams of Optimism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crossing the 45th Parallel

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • The Sea of Immeasurable Loss

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • A Meeting Place and Time

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Awaiting the Inevitible

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

zekeyou

Mar 3, 2004
The Triiiaaannnnggggle
I don't think this has been done since the switch to Ultimate Metal, and there are a few more fans posting nowadays, so I'd be curious to see the outcome. I've probably considered each song on the ep as my favorite at different times, but I think overall, if pressed, I'd have to go with "The Sea of Immeasurable Loss".

I'm predicting a 'win' for "A Meeting Place and Time", though...

:headbang:

Sorry, but A Meeting Place and Time pwns me. Still got a special spot for being my first real stand out track by Woods, and to be honest, the real harsh BM of other tracks isn't really what Woods is about, its more about the melody mixed in with the harsh stuff.

MentallyAbstract - 'Crossing the 45th Parallel' was probably my introduction to good black metal

Right on! I will admit that I have always thought about this as 'THE" WoY song. It was actually the first song I ever wrote and I felt it had everything that a black metal WoY song should be about, with the sound, the cold but epic riffs (in C# major, not minor), the blasts, the Northern lyrics, etc... I remember staying up all night working on lyrics on the eve of my 22nd birthday and I wrote that last verse at about 7 a.m., was happy with it, and then went to sleep.

+ The main riff still kicks my ass and is wicked fun to play (*IF* you have long skinny fingers!). :)

I voted The Sea of Immeasurable Loss, but it's really hard to pick a single favourite. The whole albums rocks! It's difficult to pinpoint what exactly, but there's certainly something special about this album. I would have never imagined to get so excited about a black metal album again, but this album really did it for me.

It was a hard decision, but my vote goes to :

A Meeting Place and Time

This was the first song that really hooked me onto Woods. Beyond epic. The Sea of Immeasurable Loss comes in a very very close 2nd. :headbang: