Favorite songs to play?

in flames - episode 666 is the first thing it occurs to me to play when i pick up a guitar. also, i love learning all the pretty interludes by bands like in flames and at the gates because they can sound right with just me. and testaments musical death, even though i cant sweep.

In Flames - Episode 666
In Flames - Pallar Anders Visa
In Flames - Acoustic Medley
In Flames - Worlds Witin The Margin
At The Gates - Blinded
At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
Hypocrisy - Penetralia
Hypocrisy - Pleasure Of Molsetation
Hypocrisy - Roswell 47
Hypocrisy - Obsulum Obscenum
Slayer - Black Magic
Deicide - They Are The Children Of The Underworld

I'm a drummer, but i can't really get the blasting parts in black metal songs, and thats quite important, as almost everything in traditional black builds around blasting. Any drummer here, that could explain to me?
As for the favourite playing part:
-Dimmu Borgir - Mourning Palace
-In Flames - Everything
-Finntroll - Skogens Hämnd
-Anything that's good, really

Iced Earth - The Path i choose, The phantom opera ghost
Metallica - Everythin up to Justice
In Flames - Pinball Map, Jotun
Pantera - Everything on Cowboys and Vulgar
Slayer - War Ensemble, Disciple
Demons and wizards - Heaven Denies, Poor Mans Crusade
Iron Maiden - The trooper, Prowler

I like some of my own on piano and bass...
Or if we're talking about *playing* the vocalchords... Nightwish, Sinergy, whichever powermetal I get my hands on and realise it's easy ;)

I stopped learning others people music years ago. I might learn some of there cool riffs, but never to the point of playing the entire song all the way through. That being said. Every now and then I'll bust out "Rust in Peace" and play along with Tornadoe of souls..that songs get me going everytime.

Dave...................please come back!!!!

Although I have not played my Electric guitar for a while,I used to enjoy:
Slayer-Raining Blood
Angel of Death
War Ensemble
South of Heaven
Seasons in the Abyss
Metallica-One
Megadeth-Youthansia
Victory
Rust in Peace
Iron Maiden-Sign of the Cross
Fortunes of War
At the minuite I am spending most of my time preparing for my Grade 8 Classical Exam.So the only song I am learning is Angels fall first by Nightwish.Hopefully I will be able to find time to get back into playing my electric soon.Then I want to learn Cradle of Filth's Queen of Winter Throned and Nile's Unas Slayer of the gods.

Hum... So of them I haven't played in years but the ones I enjoy most are:

Iron Maiden - 7th Son of a 7th Son
Iron Maiden - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Extreme - Decadence Dance
Immortal - Withstand The Fall Of Time

Just my old favorites... :)

Lately I've been playing alot of Metallica and Megadeth, building my speed and accuracy up. I like Damage, Inc., Battery, Hangar 18, and Five Magics for the past couple of weeks. I can keep up with them, but Battery has that tricky little dadada dadada riff to it that I'm practicing on. Also, S.O.D. is fun as shit to play. Sgt. D is a great song to play along with.

I've been working on keeping loose while playing fast, trying not to tighten up and let the speed flow. It's worked so far, and I get faster and faster every day.

My goal is to get the speed up to play "Total Satan" from The Crown. That song has to be one of the fastest thrash metal songs I have ever heard. I figure I'll be able to play it in about a month.

Originally posted by thrashmetal78
Battery has that tricky little dadada dadada riff to it that I'm practicing on.
Hehe, that's a frustrating riff to try and play at first. I just left it for a month, then it was easy.

Yeah it's really frustrating...I can play it, but something always gets left out...usually one of the "da's", LOL! I'm getting there though. My current problem is sustaining the fast riff. I can play really fast for really short bursts, but in the bridge of Damage, Inc., there's that really long open E speed riff that melds into the same riff with the 2nd fret top string...usually I have no problem playing it unless I'm tired. But after a while, it starts to wear me down because I play the song every day for an hour, trying to get it perfect. Usually what happens is that I'll either have to slow down a step or I'll accidentally skip a stroke, and that throws my timing off. I never cramp up, but it's like my wrist runs out of energy, even though I'm not tired or stiff or anything. I play pretty loosely, so cramping and tightness isn't a problem. I think I just have to build it up, it's kinda like reflexes. If you play that way for a while, after a little bit, you don't notice it and can play all day.

Amorphis - Black Winter Day
Soilwork - Razorlives, Generation Speedkill, Grand Failure Anthem
In Flames - Jotun, Gyroscope, The Jester's Dance
Arch Enemy - Enemy Within (with second lead cause its easier)
Dimension Zero - Your Darkest Hour
The Duskfall - Frailty
Children Of Bodom - Silent Night Bodom Night, Hate Me, Triple Corpse Hammerblow
Opeth - The Drapery Falls, Black Rose Immortal (!!!), Demon Of The Fall, Blackwater Park, The Leper Affinity (best solo ever)
Metallica - Creeping Death, Metal Milita, Whiplash
Blind Guardian - Mordred's Song
Poison The Well - Lazzaro, My Mirror No Longer Reflects
Hopesfall - The Far Pavilions, The End Of An Era, A New Day
Shadows Fall - Of One Blood, Crushing Belial
Killswitch Engage - Self Revolution, Life To Lifeless, In The Unblind
Bane - Scared
Hatebreed - I Will Be Heard, Perseverance, Puritan
Shai Hulud - Set Your Body Ablaze, Linoleum (not the NOFX version), A Profound Hatred Of Man
At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul
Nile - Ramses Bringer Of War
Slayer - Raining Blood, Disciple

and many, many more

Of course, all the songs from my band too..