Easy Acoustic Songs

Triton

In Solitude
Apr 30, 2007
Ontario, Canada
What are some easy metal songs that are good for a beginner to play on acoustic guitar (and I do have a teacher)? So far I've been playing Iron Man (minus the solo), Smoke On The Water, and a small bit of Master of Puppets, simple stuff like that, also Poets of the Fall-Late Goodbye. Catchier songs would be great. I tried playing Harvest by Opeth but I'm not near that level of playing yet. Thanks.

A lot of Alice In Chains songs are relatively simple.
Their "Sap" album rocks, is mostly acoustic, and is mostly just power chords and simple stuff.
"Over Now" on their self-titled is simple.
A lot of AiC songs are in either Eb Standard or drop C# though.

Nirvana Unplugged is a nice default for easy acoustic songs. Or just about anything by the Meat Puppets, the band that wrote "Lake of Fire" and "Plateau" from that Unplugged show.

EDIT: While this stuff isn't exactly Metal, they are either acoustic or still sound good on acoustic, and it's relatively simple music in comparison to most good Metal you'll find.
Opeth songs tend to be fairly complicated.

Purchase electric guitar

Anyhow, you just want easy songs. So...Black Sabbath - Iron Man, Black Sabbath, and Paranoid are all good places to start
Judas Priest - Breaking The Law and Living After Midnight

Not metal, but...Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge

I could need some acoustic guitar songs. I`ve been playing the guitar for almost 4months so i dont know that much.

Couple songs I have been trying to play that aren't that hard on acoustic. Not metal but metal sounds stupid on acoustic imo.

Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm
Opeth - Hope Leaves (not that hard if you can do a long stretch)
Radiohead - Street Spirit
Agalloch - A Desolation Song

why would you want to play metals on the grandpas guitar?

just kidding. acoustic has no sustain. but its good for your fingers. try and learn spanish fly.