What songs can you play?

May 4, 2011
What songs can you play on any instrument?
I play guitar and I learnt:

Metallica - Master of the puppets
Slayer - Raining Blood
Kreator - Violent Revolution
Lamb Of God - Walk With Me in Hell
Lamb Of God - Redneck
Necrophagist - Stabwound (I only learn the first half though)
Dying Fetus - Homicidal Retribution
Decapitated - Spheres Of Madness

I am learning Sacrifice Unto Sebek by Nile. Also, how the hell would you go about playing the solo for this song? It's insane.

So what can you guys play? No, this is not a boasting thread. I am just curious, so no comments going on about how I am a douchebag, please.

Honestly, whatever you want me to play I can play, but what am I playing now......is

1-Manticora - Forever Carousel
2-Primal Fear - Back from Hell
3-Unleashed - Winterland
4-Death - Symbolic (Been playing this forever lol)
5-Mithras - Where the Sun Never Shines
6-Nile - Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks
7 - Sabaton - Angels Calling

YOU'RE A DOUCHEBAG

jk

I play violin and can learn things by ear. Prefer straight forward lead guitar parts i.e. "Fade to Black"

Vacant Planets is an attractive female?

As for the thread, the last metal song that I learned was Infecting the Crypts. I don't really spend any time learning covers due to the fact that I don't play in a death metal band anymore. The most challenging material that I can play is with the project that I'm with now, Black Orifice. We'll be hitting the studio this Friday so I'll post something for you guys.

Krampus, have you checked out any of the 12 tone and atonal material that I recommended?

Vacant Planets is an attractive female?

As for the thread, the last metal song that I learned was Infecting the Crypts. I don't really spend any time learning covers due to the fact that I don't play in a death metal band anymore. The most challenging material that I can play is with the project that I'm with now, Black Orifice. We'll be hitting the studio this Friday so I'll post something for you guys.

Krampus, have you checked out any of the 12 tone and atonal material that I recommended?

Can you link me to one of your songs? I want to hear them! Please.

Can you link me to one of your songs? I want to hear them! Please.

I'll be receiving the mastered version of our demo this week hopefully. When I do, I'll be posting links for free downloads. I'll be sure to post one in this thread. For now, we have video from our performance at my guitarists senior recital. There are six video's posted on our facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Orifice/200737049969106

Oh and the demo will be called "Reclamation Suite for Power Trio".

I've been playing guitar for about 11 years now, I can't remember alot of the stuff I used to know. I remember learning all the songs from Metallica's Ride the Lightning to ...And Justice for All. Now the songs that I bother playing are my band's material and stuff I use to warm up and practise my technique.

Necrophagist - Stabwound, Extreme Unction
Decapitated - Winds of Creation, Human Dust, Spheres of Madness
Death - alot of their stuff
Guthrie Govan - Waves, Fives
Symphony X - Sea of Lies, Inferno, Damnation Game
Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien, Satch Boogie
Psycroptic - The Colour of Sleep, Planetary Discipline, Battling the Misery of Organon, Skin Coffin

Most of which I play are in D standard or standard tuning mainly because I can't be fucked playing in any other tuning even though I've got 5 guitars to play around with. And I was thinking of getting a 7 string just for the sake of learning Nevermore, Jeff Loomis's stuff and Morbid Angel.

Skin Coffin's first riff I know is used by a few people to warm up. And I do forget many of the songs I've learned along the way, now i can play a single riff from them. lol

viewer_ I clicked every link on the list you posted and I tried, honestly I did, but it's just not my cuppa. Will be a slave to tonal forever. Some moments of great beauty though, esp the Schoeneberg.

DestroyAndDominate I play whatever I decide to play but a lot of complex guitar stuff (e.g. "Tornado of Souls" solo, Cacophony, jazz/death solos) is way beyond me. Don't spend a lot of time covering metal songs really, but I'm presently figuring out "Orion" to play as a duet with an electric guitar.

Skin Coffin's first riff I know is used by a few people to warm up. And I do forget many of the songs I've learned along the way, now i can play a single riff from them. lol

I'm one of those people that use Skin Coffin to warm up ;)
In fact when I learnt Psycroptic's Scepter of the Ancients album about 7 years ago (I only remember a few songs now), my alternate picking and string skipping technique improved ALOT. I also use the same album for warming up my vocals, Chalky is a fucking monster on the mic.

I have different songs to warm up different techniques and lately I've been focusing on alot of economy picking. It gets boring doing scales over and over again, I used to do that shit when I was 14. :zzz:

Right now I have learnt Prison Born by The Faceless, and am now learning:

Racer X - Technical Difficulties

Incredible song. Right now technique-wise I am working on string skipping, and smoothing out my arpeggios.