Favorite Track On TFOD?

Oh I really enjoy whole album... but if I should pick some faves so far it will be FEAR(what Chuck makes with his vocals on the end of the song is amazin!!) and Evil Has Landed... IMO not a weak spot on this new cd... masters are back!!

The more I listen to this album, the more I fall in love with it. It's now one of my favorite records for this year. My top five, for this album, are the following

1. The Persecuted Won't Forget
2. Henchmen Ride
3. Leave Me Forever
4. The Formation Of Damnation
5. A tie between The Evil Has Landed and More Than Meets The Eye

this is hard because ill listen to the album and i love each song but if i had to i would say Henchmen ride or the title track. I think the middle of the Persecuted Wont Forget when Paul B is riding on the ride (no pun intended) is so freakin heavy

I think I've listened to this magnificient album enough to say that my favourite track on it has to be the mighty KILLING SEASON!
It's easily one of the best things ever rhythm-wise. It opens with (and is based on) a monster, complex riff that brings to me memories of listening to the beautiful opening riff from "The Sermon", although this one is heavier. It's a very heavy song (not in a way the title track is heavy, but very heavy in it's way), but you could actually...dance to it (at least to some parts)- only TestAmenT can write songs like that. It's like something from the Ritual or the title track off of Souls of Black, but way heavier; it's clean, with a lot of space in it, yet i kicks you in the face. The rhythm section is brilliant- Paul and Greg have recorded really devastating parts for this one- a truly crushing assault. The solos are incredible, with a great feeling to them- surely among the best ever. Chuck is shining here (like on the whole record). Even though it's based on one heavy riff, it's definitely not unvaried- on the contrary: theres so much going on that it could distribute some parts among many other tracks, but that's characteristic for the whole album, which is very diverse as a whole and consists of very internally diverse songs.

Not the kind of song that grabs everyone's attention at first listen, but if you listen to it carefully (good equipment recommended) for several times, you won't be able to stop replaying it. A true gem. I hope they shoot a video for it and add it to their setlist

Another vote for "Killing Season", but the whole album is pretty damn fantastic and consistently excellent from track to track.

Killing Season though, to these ears is just something else. The thing that sets Testament apart from most is that while their technical stuff is waaaaaaayyy technical and slammin, they're able to mix it up and throw in a song that just GROOVES like this one. Hope they do it live in September!! :kickass:

My favorite is the title track,it's brutal.Great solo great drums and hellish vocals.It has everything I love about metal.I like the whole album
but I wish Chuck was singing a little deeper.It's not that I need the dethmetal voice I don't.Just a little deeper Chuck is to big to be singing that high.And the drums seem a little lazy on some of those songs.I would have liked to have heard Barker..ya know someone who is hungry for it.Still the it's best album I've gotten since the gathering and I'm glad they have something new out.

I haven't been on this forum for months, yet it's good to see High Priest of Evil typing sensible posts as ever. You and The Ritual rock! ;)

Personal fave is Killing Season. Other stand-outs are More Than Meets The Eye, the title track, Persecuted, and Afterlife. It's a great album to come back with after nine years, although I am a tiny bit disappointed on the whole because I was expecting something slightly better with the near-classic line-up back together again. Sadly, there aren't any of the splendid Skolnick solos of old that blew me away during the band's heyday.

Edit: Listening to the album right now after a few weeks, and F.E.A.R. is kicking my ass! The solo isn't bad either. \m/

Cheers, pmg!:) as far as the solos go, I'd say they're completely different than what we could expect. I wasn't counting on the old style leads, because I'd known Alex is miles away from that style and would want to play something different; I was hoping for some jazzy, yet heavy stuff and the result was something else- deriving from both not sounding like either. These solos are less, hmm.. for the lack of better word- obvious than those from the past, not as melodic, perhaps not as emotional, but they are much more surprising and theres a lot to discover, the mood and the technique is changing pretty often within one short solo. I'm sure he'll come up with something different on the next album. I think they all will, which will make us all pleased, because what we love about Testament is that they rarely repeat themselves.

Killing Season and F.E.A.R. are now among my favourite songs ever.