The Formation Of Damnation (Ltd. CD+DVD) ?

To Samsara: Thx for the info about the CD/DVD edition, but that sux about possibly only being able to watch the DVD on my computer - I don't mind paying extra for the import but was looking forward to watching the DVD on my home system :mad: :cry:

Oh yeah, I'm new here :lol: - fan of the band since '91 or so and think the new album sounds awesome. Still have to decide which version(s) to get...

:worship: TESTAMENT

I'm actually thinking of canceling my order. I'm wondering if the DVD will be playable at all in the U.S. If that stuff is Region 2, you have to switch your settings to watch it, and you can't do that more than a couple of times until your computer forces you to choose one.

So I am going to cancel my order. :mad:

I'm actually thinking of canceling my order. I'm wondering if the DVD will be playable at all in the U.S. If that stuff is Region 2, you have to switch your settings to watch it, and you can't do that more than a couple of times until your computer forces you to choose one.

So I am going to cancel my order. :mad:

You can watch it with VLC player as many times you like! (on your computer)
Do not cancel your order!

We should all send emails to the record label,and let them know how much we want it in the states.Let them know it would be worth their while to put it out.There is nothing more important than real feedback from consumers.Hell we have nothing to lose.

Thanks everyone. Re-ordered it! \m/

I have VLC, but never thought about using it for this. I should have.

Apex brand DVD players do it too?

I installed a new version of VLC, and it worked with another alternate region DVD (Sevendust's Japanese Seasons release). But the audio track was "sped up" and the video "hiccuped."

Any ideas?

I got mine in the mail today.

Most excellent album! It totally slays. My personal favs are the title track and Henchman right now! Thrashstastic!

A little disappointed by the DVD, they could have shown a little more of the actual recording process, or just some interviews and whatnot instead. 20 mins is just a bit too short for my taste to be giving it another spin into the player soon.
But I suppose one should be glad there was even a DVD included in the digi-version to begin with :)

Fuckin' Skolnick playing that solo like it means nothing. IN-SANE!

The DVD is nothing special in my opinion - but get the limited edition for the fantastic "book-formate", really cool exclusive layout for hardcore testament fans!

Does the DVD version come in a hardcover book (that's what it looks like in the picture) or a regular digi pack?

Just to set the record straight since I just recieved the CD+DVD version of Formation of Damnation here is some concise info on this edition:
1) The CD+DVD edition does NOT come in a hardcover book format. It comes in a trifold digi-pack with the CD and the DVD in plastic trays glues to the digi-pack plus a booklet with photos/lyrics.
2) The DVD is very short (about 20 minutes) and quite frankly could have been a LOT better. It starts with some pointless scenes of a drum kit (yes, just scenes of a drum kit with no-one playing it, I'm serious) that go on too long. Then we have brief scenes of Chuck Billy doing vocals and brief scenes of Eric Peterson doing some guitar work as well as a video of Alex Skolnick doing some shredding (already posted on this thread). We also get a scene of Eric Peterson getting a manicure (I swear I'm not kidding!!) and brief scenes of Paul Bostaph laying down some drum tracks.
3) There are NO interviews or commentary on the songs so this is definetly NOT a "behind the scenes" of the making of the album since the album is never discussed.
4) There is a photo gallery with the pictures that you can see on the Testament e-card.
5) There is a "listen to the album" section where you can listen to the tracks directly on the CD. If these tracks are of a superior sound quality than those on the CD I do not know since I don't have a high-end sound system.

It's up to you if you want to pay extra for the CD+DVD edition, but now you are at least better informed.

Mine's a hardbook cover as well. And all the others I've seen too. I bought both versions and think the limited one looks sweet and as a collector I had to have it. It's funny that you can get only the limited versions here and that's the reason the album hasn't been selling better- there are a lot of people who don't care about the DVD and want to have a regular version.. and are still waiting for it! It's cheaper and more traditional- some find that attractive. I think with the next album someone should think about releasing both/all versions at the same time, 'cause it would help the sales

I stand corrected people. It seems there is more than one version of this special edition CD+DVD. I also agree with the previous post in regards to having both the CD and CD+DVD available at the same time would improve sales.

@ Desert_demon: Thanks for the info!

Dude my Cd & DVD version came in the hardbook cover not digipack and the ones in the local record stores (U.K) are the same

That's probably because you live in Europe and European versions are always nicer.

Deserts_demon's cd is probably the US (maybe Mexican) version, and the quality of those are always inferior (lucky us to live in 3rd-world countries huh? :p ).

Just to set the record straight since I just recieved the CD+DVD version of Formation of Damnation here is some concise info on this edition:
1) The CD+DVD edition does NOT come in a hardcover book format. It comes in a trifold digi-pack with the CD and the DVD in plastic trays glues to the digi-pack plus a booklet with photos/lyrics.
2) The DVD is very short (about 20 minutes) and quite frankly could have been a LOT better. It starts with some pointless scenes of a drum kit (yes, just scenes of a drum kit with no-one playing it, I'm serious) that go on too long. Then we have brief scenes of Chuck Billy doing vocals and brief scenes of Eric Peterson doing some guitar work as well as a video of Alex Skolnick doing some shredding (already posted on this thread). We also get a scene of Eric Peterson getting a manicure (I swear I'm not kidding!!) and brief scenes of Paul Bostaph laying down some drum tracks.
3) There are NO interviews or commentary on the songs so this is definetly NOT a "behind the scenes" of the making of the album since the album is never discussed.
4) There is a photo gallery with the pictures that you can see on the Testament e-card.
5) There is a "listen to the album" section where you can listen to the tracks directly on the CD. If these tracks are of a superior sound quality than those on the CD I do not know since I don't have a high-end sound system.

It's up to you if you want to pay extra for the CD+DVD edition, but now you are at least better informed.

Thanks for the review, I was bummed out the dvd didn't come out in the U.S. but it looks like im not missing much really!

I think it's bullshit it's not out in the states.I'm sick of that shit.It's just lost money for the band,I would have gotten a copy of each version the digi the hardcover and the regular version.I did get 2 copies of the autographed cd so that was cool.