ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
* #9 Rock Album of the Year – iTunes US store
* One of MySpace’s Top Albums for 2008
* “Best Album of 2008” Metal Hammer’s Golden Gods Award
* #1 Most-Spun album on Sirius-XM’s metal channel (Hard Attack/Liquid Metal)
* #4 Album of the Year in Revolver Magazine
* #10 on Metal Edge’s Top 50 of 2008
* #1 in Metal Maniacs’ Top 20 of 2008 Critics’ Picks list
* #2 “Most Valuable Players,” #3 “Best Metal Album” #5 “Comeback of the Year” in Guitar World Reader Poll 2008
* Most played album on metal radio for 2008 (FMQB)
* #1 on FMQB Metal Detector chart for 8 weeks, maintained in the Top 10 for 17 weeks…8148 total spins
* #1 on CMJ Loud Rock charts – 1. Testament, 2. Meshuggah, 3. Cavalera Conspiracy, 4. Amon Amarth, 5. Metallica, 6. All That Remains, 7. The Sword, 8. Opeth, 9. Kingdom of Sorrow, 10. Motorhead
* #2 Brave Pick of 2008 for Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles magazine
* “Album of the Year” – Rock Tribune Belgium
* Debuted at #59 on the Billboard Top 200 chart for selling over 11,500 copies of The Formation Of Damnation the first week of release & remained in Top 200 for three weeks
* Best Long Term Promotion Project (FMQB)
* #1 on Metal-Rules.com Best of 2008 (http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/content/view/1576/85/)
* #1 in Boston Herald Year-End Staff List (Dave Wedge)
* #1 on SMNnews.com’s Staff List (Aiden Gray)
* #5 on Illinois Entertainer’s Staff Picks Top Albums of 2008 (Trevor Fisher, Steve Forstneger)
* #10 on Hardrockhaven.net Top CDs of 2008 (Matt Hoffman @ http://www.hardrockhaven.net/hrhstaff/mhoffman.php)
* #1 on Lords of Metal People Poll of 2008 (http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/showspecial.php?id=246)
* #1 on Scream Magazine (Norway) Staff Album of the Year List
* Reached 30K scanned in 7 weeks, 50K in just over 6 months
* #1 Album of 2008 - Rock Tribune (Belgium)
* Best Thrash Metal album of 2008 at Metal Storm Awards (www.metalstorm.ee)

Very cool! Thanks for the info, Ms. A. The guys deserve every award and honour for this masterpiece.

BTW, do you have more accurate data about the sales? It reached 50 K in the USA like 6 months ago. I'm wondering if the sales have increased since then (big tours, awards and a video).
Also, do you have any, not necessarily very precise (can be estimated figures), information about the sales in other countries and worldwide?
I hope they haven't forsaken the idea of shooting another video and that it + more touring will help the band finally reach the Platinium Record status they've been waiting for so long in the next 6-7 years.

Honestly, I can't wait for the next one.

How about the Henchman video? I know there was some sort of tragedy,but will it ever be released ? and if it doesn't will the band be in debt for it ?

that's impressive. Formation Kicked so much ass, it was a work of art.It's definatly my favorite testament album. LONG LIVE TESTAMENT :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: