Favourite Asian Bands

Everyone enjoys all the European or American metal bands... but anyone ever thinks about Asia? What are your favourite bands from there?

I'm a Hong-Kong girl, the underground metal bands absolutely SUCK. messiah is about the only acceptable one here, but even so they still suck, but in China, especially Beijing, there are some damn good bands!

My favourite Asian bands are:
Sigh - a damn good band!
Ritual Day - black metallish, they're really good, I was surprised.
Chthonic - their "Resurrection of the Gods" was completely awesome
Gate of Meditation - is brilliant..
Seraph - some good stuff
Cankered Corpse - very interesting :p

Anyone who has a wide variety of likings really should check these out! you can come surprised...

Well done on a topic idea. I don't feel qualified to list my favorites as I don't think I've heard enough.

I'll add to the thread by mentioning Rudra, though.

Rudra rocks.

Theres this pretty new band called kryptos, from india...u shld really check it out if u're into death metal in the style of dark tranquillity.....i think a song of theirs is available in kazaa...its called decension....they're just recording they're album which shld be out shortly

also theres this other amazing indian band called Myndsnare, but unfortunately all they have out is a demo cd, so u'll be lucky if u can find anything of theirs....but if u happen to catch either of the bands music, please message me and tell me what u think of them

thanks...
\m/ \m/

hi,

there are a few good bands in beijing but i cannot read hanzi.

im from s.f and been to beijing.

there is one band up and coming which are pretty good.
spirit trance. orsometing like that.

so hong kong scene blows?

Lamentation - Secret Verse Ep [SGD$14/USD$8]

The first true Gothic metal band to come out from Taiwan. After spending one full year working on this debut Ep, Lamentation take the taiwan media by surprise after they released it.Instead of following the footsteps of other metal bands in taiwan.Instead of making a heavier and more aggressive sound they painted a dark and haunting soundscape for their listner to immerse themself in.

-----------------------------------------------
New Arrival-1/8/04
-----------------------------------------------

RitualDay and Frostmoon Eclipse Split CD [SGD$14/USD$8]

The long awaited spilt CD from the finest black/death metal band in China, Ritual Day and Italian Melodic Death metal, Frostmoon Eclispse is officially out. This split cd, consist of 8 songs, 4songs from each band.

Anthelion:
Bloodstained Anthelion EP-[SGD$16/USD$10]

A new black metal band from the country that brings us Chthonic and Seraphim. The next extreme metal act that is ready to put Taiwan on the map of Extreme metal.
Anthelion, Blookstained Anthelion is the band first EP [under TRA music].

--------------------------------------------
Other releases/Full CD list
--------------------------------------------
Anthelion [Taiwan]-Bloodstained Anthelion EP [SGD$16/USD$10]
Blackwine* [HongKong] - Album -[SGD$20/USD$12]
Lamentation [Taiwan]- Secret verse EP [SGD$14/USD$8]
RitualDay/Frostmoon Eclispse[China/Italy] -Split CD [$14/USD$8]

[All songs are in mandarin except* in Cantonese]

-------------------------------------------
To order pls email: info@mourningsound.com
For more information please visit:
http://www.mourningsound.com

China Runs Blood -[V/A]
A brand new compilation featuring some of the best extreme metal bands in China.
For more info: info@mourningsound.com
visit: http://www.mourningsound.com

tracklist
China Runs Blood [VA]
Mort Production -China

December - Sinfonia It is jus
Cankered Corpse - Cut Throat
Regicide - Ventrolateral Punishment
Operating Table - Birth Pangs of Sin
Gorgasm - Fattiness Putrescene
Deadly Sin - Soul Burning China
Hades - Mirage China
Vomit - Suffering
Cut at Waist - Massacre
Internal Decay - Reborn Butcher
Cause of Death - Sin Transmigration
Alliance of Murder - Violent and Wicked

Fortunately, I have the country of origin in parentheses after each band name on my playlist. Japan, Taiwan, and India were the only three nations that returned any results though. I wouldn't say all of these are my favorite bands, but they were all good enough to remain on my playlist.

Anthelion - Melodic Black Metal (Taiwan)
Blood Stain Child - Melodic Black Metal (Japan)
Chthonic - Melodic Black Metal (Taiwan)
Galneryus - Neo-Classical Power Metal (Japan)
Narsil - Death Metal (India)
Seraphim - Melodic Power Metal (Taiwan)
Sigh - Avant-garde, Black Metal (Japan)
Any of those powermetal? :O
Galneryus and Seraphim are both power metal. Galneryus has a male vocalist who sings in Japanese and Seraphim has a female operatic vocalist who sings in English.