Dracolich

New Metal Member
Dec 13, 2001
BeiJing
www.metalflame.com
mort_001.jpg

'Resurrection of the Gods'
limited to 1000 copies
here's an English review of this albumhttp://www.thereckoning.dhs.org/~gnosis/musik/review/vachina.htm

intro list below
===========================================
GATE OF MEDITATION
The Ancient Legend
Xi Chen - Vocals/Guitar/Drum Programming
Rui Zhang - Guitar
Liang Zhang - Guitar
Lei Zhang - Bass
Dong Ding - Keyboard

SUFFOCATED
BREAKDOWN
Zheng Liu - Vocals/Bass
Zhengyu Kou - Lead Guitar
Wei Wang - Rhythm Guitar
Dapeng Guo - Drums

RITUAL DAY
THE COMING OF UNHOLY YEAR
Yong Nong - Vocals/Rhythm Guitar
Xin Zhang - Lead Guitar
Lei Pei - Bass
Yang Li - Drums
Ritual Day formed in 2000 and gave Chinese underground scene a band that created death black metal. Inspired by Samael, Dissection and Opeth, this band focuses on creating a dark and evil sounding music and has grown to be one of the most respected black metal bands in China. In early 2001, they recorded a not-for-sale demo CD. This track is their new song recorded and mastered by Mort Production.

BEELINE
JOIN US (WE WILL RULE THIS WORLD)
Li Li - Vocals/Guitar
Le Luo - Guitar
Yu Wang - Bass
Guo Li - Drums
Tempering the aggression of black metal with a traditional Florida-style death metal influence, Beeline explores a special extreme metal style. They firmly based their underground status in Chongqing, the biggest city of south-central China from late 2000. After pitching in the rehearsal and live performance, Beeline released their first demo CD "You¡­" They recorded a new song themselves for this compilation and Mort Production remastered it.

VOMIT(CN)
DUST DEVIL
Kaige Wang - Vocals/Guitar
Ximei Zhan - Bass
Yanan Wang - Drums
Tianjin's Vomit is a still living old school death metal dinosaur, which has kept their local underground leading status for nearly a decade. In 1998 they released their first self-titled 4-track demo, and received countrywide acclaim in underground scene. This track is taken from their coming demo CD "owe" and remastered by Mort Production.

BLOODBATH (CN)
THE LIVING ONE
Wei Wang - ex-Vocals
Wei Wang - Guitar
Jian Guo - Bass
Xiaoou Chen - Drums
Inspired by 80's speed and thrash metal legends, Bloodbath continued the honor of metal tradition. Formed on a cold day of 1999's winter in Beijing, the band thirsts for the massacre and war against all the weak and false in the world. This track is taken from their self-titled 4-track demo tape and remastered by Mort Production.

SERAPH (CN)
MARCH OF THE EMPIRE
Yang Gao - Vocals
Liang Fu - Guitar/Bass
Fei Ren - ex-Bass
Hui Zu - Drums/Backing Vocals
Hailing from Beijing, Seraph formed in November 2000 highly influenced by Iron Maiden, The Sins of Thy Beloved and Theatre of Tragedy. The blend of melodic female vocal and evil black backing curse created a unique gothic doom metal style. After two successful performances in underground gig, they recorded this track in Mort Production and stick to their march towards metal glory.

PURGATORY (CN)
- THE GIFT FROM SATAN
Serapis - Vocals
Peng Zhan - Guitar
Yongquan Li - Guitar
Jianfei Yang - Drums
Hailing from Kunming, Yunnan province, Purgatory came into being in August 1999, and since then they have devoted themselves to be the thrash black metal warriors of the Armageddon. This track is taken from their not-for-sale demo CD "Purgatory" released in 2001 and remastered by Mort Production.

CANKERED CORPSE
DES
Lei Zhang - Vocals
Bo Wang - Guitar
Xiaoyang Lu - Guitar
Shi Qi - Bass
Bin Fu - Drums
Formed in August of 1998, Cankered Corpse released their anger and power in death metal style. The band is from a historic city Xi'an, which shocks the whole world by Terracotta Warriors and Horses of Qin Dynasty. Now prepare to be shocked by their ultra brutal works. This track is taken from their demo CD "Mayhem"(limited to 500 copies) and remastered by Mort Production.

CRIMSON FLAG
MESS AROUND
Wenchang Shen - Vocals
Lei Hao - Guitar
Ying Li - Bass
Qi Zhou - Drums
Crimson Flag is the bright symbol of revolution and this young band challenges the power and speed. Staying with the vein of 80's thrash metal, Red Flag has been active in Beijing underground metal scene for two years. This track is taken from their first demo CD recorded in Han Tang Studio and remastered by Mort Production.

ENDOPUTRESCENCE
GORGASM
Kui Tian - Vocals
Xi Chen - Guitar/Drum Programming
Boqian Gao - Bass
Cheng Cheng - Drum Programming
This ultra brutal death metal band formed in 1999 coming from Beijing. They base their sound on combining the complexity of Sinister and the Brutality of Cannibal Corpse. Chen, the leader of this legion, is one of the publishers of Painkiller, No.1 Chinese heavy music magazine. All gore death freaks will need and enjoy this intense perversity and sadistic violation in algolagnic atmosphere. This track is recorded and mastered by Mort Production.

HADES (CN) (R.I.P)
THE NIGHTMARE WENT ON
Qiang Wang - Vocals/Bass
Hongfei Zhou - Guitar
Jingbo Hu - Guitar
Xun Lu - Drums
Among the vanguard of China's second generation of bands, Hades which formed in 1993, is one of the first doom death metal bands. They recorded a not-for-sale demo in 1999 and disbanded later. But most of their songs can be found in several official compilations released in China. This track is originally recorded in Bai Hua Studio in 1996.
Hail this underground metal legend!

===============================
more detail and if you are interest of that please send a mail towebmaster@metalflame.com

Originally posted by TheEmperor
I've downloaded all songs of this compilation, most of them are really great, I'm surprised! I didn't know anything about the Chinese Metal scene before

Yeah, me neither until I got the compilation from a friend in Australia. I thought it was so interesting that I had to share it with others.. hehehe